Yet another strava question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
On my strava profile where my mileage, longest ride etc are recorded it says my biggest climb to date is 10ft lol? Whilst I have never been up the Alps I am quite confident I have climbed banks/ hills round here on many occasions well in excess of 10ft??? Does anyone have any ideas why this is or is strava just an inaccurate pain a lot of the time??

Never had that problem, even here where its pretty flat there's more than that in the Fens (just!); not sure whats going on for you. As work around you could go into a few individual rides and update their elevation stats to see if that makes a difference :wacko:

OP
OP
Davos87

Davos87

Guru
Never had that problem, even here where its pretty flat there's more than that in the Fens (just!); not sure whats going on for you. As work around you could go into a few individual rides and update their elevation stats to see if that makes a difference :wacko:

Thanks for the reply and suggestion re:updating elevation stats in individual rides but err...not sure how to do that? I'm not on Premium

n3rdy

I think this is a Strava bug. If you go in to the ride that the 10ft links to. Then click on actions and 'Export GPX'.

After you've saved the ride to your downloads folder/desktop etc go back to Strava and delete the ride off Strava. You can then upload the ride again by clicking the upload activity button and finding the GPX file. This should sort it although it might not but worth doing anyway.

OP
OP
Davos87

Davos87

Guru
Thanks guys for your help. However for some reason there is no update elevations link on my strava page so I have just deleted the annoying blighter. As mentioned think Strava can be a tad buggy. Cheers. Now does anyone know where I can find and 11ft hill??

Thanks guys for your help. However for some reason there is no update elevations link on my strava page so I have just deleted the annoying blighter. As mentioned think Strava can be a tad buggy. Cheers. Now does anyone know where I can find and 11ft hill??
You'll find a lot of them in the Cambridgeshire Fens, I think the Ramsey Forty foot rises about 40ft (funny enough)in 5 miles ;-)

Dave Carey

I had a similar problem. I emailed the Strava support team, not sure what they did but whatever it was it fixed the problem straight away

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Mine says 57 ft, am sure iv'e been higher. lol.

Top Bottom