Yey Hackney Cab Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst going up the straight and level part of Granton Road this morning a car driver came flying out of one of the side on my right to turn right and nearly went into the side of me. Fortunately there can be parked car there and even though there was none today I was in the Primary as default giving me enough room to divert my bike away from the potential collision.

A hackney cab appeared to seconds later and stopped to ask if I was OK (apparently the car driver had done similar to him) it just goes to show there's good ones out there :laugh:

garrilla

I've had a Hackney Cab divert in between me and a right-hooker to stop the turner hitting me, for which I was immensely grateful as it was on a junction that has multiple 'breavement totems' on all four corners

Tynan

Veteran
I find black cabs well driven and considerate, when they're not eyeing peds and swerving in for a pick up

theboytaylor

Tynan said:
I find black cabs well driven and considerate, when they're not eyeing peds and swerving in for a pick up

+1

Every once in a while you get a bad 'un, but on the whole I get more space and consideration from them than from most other road users.

LOGAN 5

Planet Earth to posters! Not in my experience! They are the most vengeful drivers on the road in London. Maybe coz I ride a Brompton. Don't know but this is most definitely NOT my experience on a daily 20 mile commute in London. I wish I could agree with you and I would if I felt justified but it's just not happening for me out there with black cab drivers.

Top Bottom