You do wonder...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ok, so it's dark, it's wet, and I'm on a main but narrow road, along with another rider, maybe 50 yards ahead. I hear the siren of a police car behind me, approaching at speed, then watch as a car in front pulls over to let it past. What does the cyclist do? Tuck in behind the car for a few seconds, till the blues & twos have gone about their business? Nope. I watch in awe as he pulls out to overtake the pulled-over car, just before the police car goes past within inches at 50mph.

Moments later, still shaking my head, I reach the lights at the T junction ahead. I'm turning right, so I pass the queue of traffic and take up a position on the right at the head of the queue. Like I say, it's quite a narrow road, so I take care to tuck in, out of the way of anyone turning into the road we're on. A few seconds later, a bloke on a motor scooter overtakes, then stops right next to me - which means he's now stationary, on the other side of the road. Sure enough, a car turns the corner, then has to slam on the anchors 'cos there's a guy on a scooter parked up on the wrong side of the road, on a blind, busy corner.

Kryton521

Über Member
All the road safety campaigns, highway code. All the advocacy groups. Completely lost on some people. "Leaving it to the British people to use their common sense.........."

Err...... I wouldn't if I were you!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
T'other night, at 22.00 ish, I pedalled out of work, along the (a rarity, I know) wide, smoothish bike path, lights on and reflective jacket.
It's a poorly busy road, especially at shift change times. I hear a rattling and squeaking sound but can't see anything. Then I spot a lad on an orange chained BSO, riding along the carriageway towards a dodgy crossroads where the majority of drivers cut the corner as they turn right across your bows.

I do wonder how these folk survive, sometimes..

Top Bottom