"You make me cold just looking at you"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I went out for a ride with the club last night for 2 hours along the coast (not as hard as we normally do). And everyone else there was wearing underlayers (long tights, long top, etc). Pretty much everyone kept asking me whether I was cold (in just shorts and a jersey). I told them that I wasnt but they were adiment that I was. Near the end of the ride, when fatige was kicking in, i did get a little cold but not a lot.

I am a lot younger than most of the people I went out with and was wondering if this played a factor in me being more warm than them with hardly anything on? Or had I got used to going out in the cold so much that I didnt need to wear underlayers?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
You're from Prestatyn, which gives you a natural edge. :thumbsup: I too am still bobbing about in just shorts and a thin jersey, though I have finally conceded defeat in the footwear department and started wearing shoes and socks in the evening, not sandals. Chilly toes, not good! Luckily, everyone is used to my borked thermostat and keep themselves entertained by saying "ooh, she's hard, she is" in all sorts of dodgy accents.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I went out for a ride with the club last night for 2 hours along the coast (not as hard as we normally do). And everyone else there was wearing underlayers (long tights, long top, etc). Pretty much everyone kept asking me whether I was cold (in just shorts and a jersey). I told them that I wasnt but they were adiment that I was. Near the end of the ride, when fatige was kicking in, i did get a little cold but not a lot.

I am a lot younger than most of the people I went out with and was wondering if this played a factor in me being more warm than them with hardly anything on? Or had I got used to going out in the cold so much that I didnt need to wear underlayers?

None of that... it's because you don't stop for red lights..
whistling.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 25

snorri

Legendary Member
Near the end of the ride, when fatige was kicking in, i did get a little cold but not a lot.

Neither. You admit to feeling a little cold, did the others complain about the cold?

Still in the shorts and t-shirt although a long sleeve top has started coming out.

Wore the jacket and legging last week and thoroughly boiled, I'll wait till icicles are hanging off my nose I think!

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I'm fine in shorts and jersey until about as low as 12-13 degrees.
It's below the 14-15 degrees when I start to consider carefully what to wear. My only concession so far has been a thin base layer under the short-sleeve jersey. Next it'll be arm and leg warmers and long-fingered gloves, the next stage is the bib tights and long-sleeve base layer (with another base layer under that), and the last stage is the thick socks, neoprene overshoes and properly thick gloves.

apollo179

It depends how fat you are as well. I wear a thick coat cos otherwise i know im going to feel the cold v soon.

Bluebell72

Still in shorts and short-sleeved jersey.

Tomorrow expect I'll be cycling home in more dusk than light, so will have a long sleeve layer in case of feeling cold.

But always carry my built-in adipose layer :biggrin:

Radman

Still in lycra shorts even though im riding to work at 5-45am, i dont think its that cold it was 12 degrees this morning here in Bristol

Top Bottom