you pays your money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SlowJoe

Hello Everyone,
(Previous - Is choice a good thing)

Just to update you on the humdrum world of bike choice . I have taken all the view points in mind and I think I'm going to plump for a Specilized crosstrail comp (test ride booked. It seems to offer all I want , decent components and handle a bit of roughstuff.

Have recently graduated to a bit of road riding and now appreciate some of the posts on here more now !!! It was however enjoyable (I don't RLJ :blush:) Like many things in life it's the attitude that counts , I give respect to other road user and expect the same in return also I've found that the thrill of riding , like a good downhill pelt can make you act unsafe , best saved for the track or events etc .

I think we have to face the fact that the road is dangerous and it's up to us to be alert , keep ourselves safe and make others (PEDS) are safe also .

Incidentally does anyone know of cycle lobby groups ? Together we are strong , up the revolution .

P.S. Whats all this trek soho belt drive malarky.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cycle lobby groups - what have you been drinking ? - dark side that lot are...... complete loons........

PBancroft

SlowJoe said:
P.S. Whats all this trek soho belt drive malarky.

It's a bike without a chain. Comes in two forms - fixed wheel, and hub gears IIRC. It uses a belt similar to a cam belt instead of the chain, and supposed to need very little maintenance.

I'm doubtful. However when the C2W scheme gets rolled out at work (and year now) I'm hoping to test ride one.

Top Bottom