Your most costly of crashes..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
£50 for a new lid.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you add in getting knocked off - which fortunately my house insurance covered, that was a new frame, bar tape, clothing (not covered) front mech, etc - probably £500 in today's money !

asterix

Comrade Member
Bloody expensive! Skull fracture and sub-dural haematoma. I still get dizziness and short-term whatsitsname loss.

The bad news is the injuries happened when cycling but OTOH recovery was helped by my being fit.

One day I might get some compensation but meanwhile I live on a small pension and interest from savings.

Falling off my bike and snapping my knee cap in half and braking my cheek bone in 3 points. The bike was fine just a scuff on the grip tape, But mickle's peddle (£145)ti was not so lucky the end cap is all bashed in. He still points it out

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Not splashed the cash on replacements yet, but my recent prang incurred the following:

Bob Jackson F+F £350
USE seatpost £55
2x Open Pros + spokes £80ish?
Oakleys £115 (I lost one lens and bent the other ;) )
Lid £40
Cinelli bars + stem £?

Still being able to smile at my girlfriend when she got to A&E? £Priceless.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Landslide said:
Not splashed the cash on replacements yet, but my recent prang incurred the following:

Bob Jackson F+F £350
USE seatpost £55
2x Open Pros + spokes £80ish?
Oakleys £115 (I lost one lens and bent the other ;) )
Lid £40
Cinelli bars + stem £?

Still being able to smile at my girlfriend when she got to A&E? £Priceless.

Thats he thing with those adverts (credit card one) ...a loaf of bread £5 = priceless: :biggrin:

The most expensive crash I had was about 15 months ago. Totally wrecked the forks of the hack and the seat rails, the rest of the bike seemed OK the rest of the bike seemed OK but I replaced it anyway. I was pretty lucky; I was left with a small scar above my eye but no breakages other the mangled helmet. Its not a good idea to head butt the side window of a Taxi.

HLaB said:
The most expensive crash I had was about 15 months ago. Totally wrecked the forks of the hack and the seat rails, the rest of the bike seemed OK the rest of the bike seemed OK but I replaced it anyway. I was pretty lucky; I was left with a small scar above my eye but no breakages other the mangled helmet. Its not a good idea to head butt the side window of a Taxi.

Your right that is not fun

TVC

Around £20K - not paid by me, paid to me by the insurers of the woman that hit me ;). Only two months to go 'till I'm in Australia and counting :biggrin::becool::biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

HLaB said:

Ive, in my past: tried to eat a paveing stone (that done my teeth :angry: though i do blame a woman who wasnt looking here she was going for that one) & tarmac..though I over-shot a corner once and tried to get intimate with a ford galaxy - that one winded me...and the bastard driver didnt even ask if I was ok even though i apologised for myself going too fast: ****er :angry:

Top Bottom