Your ride tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ours is a much delayed and much looked forward to.Grassington.

We think 60-65 miles.In the most superb Yorkshire scenery.And good weather is promised .

Its the club run tomorrow, we should get round before the bad weather we have forecast arrives.

longers

Legendary Member
Will1985 said:
Hopefully a 90-100 mile round trip to Derby for me.

I was going to do similar, one way with a tent but can't go. Hope it's a good weekend for all.

Grassington will be a good trip out Postman, nice round there.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Going to check something out tomorrow.From Bolton Abbey to Burnsall.On that road the bike seems to get heavier and my legs go like lead.Once past everything ok.It's weird.

Can a road surface make a difference ,it's as though the tyres are being sucked down.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a murderous (apparently) club run to the staffordshire moorlands…

Bokonon

Über Member
postman said:
Going to check something out tomorrow.From Bolton Abbey to Burnsall.On that road the bike seems to get heavier and my legs go like lead.Once past everything ok.It's weird.

Can a road surface make a difference ,it's as though the tyres are being sucked down.

It is a deceptively hilly bit of road that - I always think it is flatter than it actually is. It's even harder on a loaded touring bike on a Friday evening. The decent into Burnsall is good though!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
They have resurfaced it.Tar and thrown down that grey chippings stuff.Still loose but much easier to cycle on .Found it much better. Also found Hebden what a lovely place.

Top Bottom