Your Victor Meldrew moments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
... well, it's a middle-aged person's prerogative....
Was gonna post the other day about how it was already Hallowe'en in Marks & Sparks... but just been there today, and they have Xmas cards and tinsel for sale...
I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Centre For Life had a lit Christmas Tree set up in the Function Hall foyer advertising Christmas Parties in July....

PaulB

Legendary Member
I just spent four minutes trying to get a DVD out of it's cellophane wrapper! Fffffffffffour minutes! I was DETERMINED not to go in the kitchen and get a knife or scissors as it HAD to have one of those little tag things to help you, didn't it? Well no, it never. It was seemingly welded on to the box with not a fraction of a millimetre of looseness to get you started.

purplepolly

Fnaar said:
Was gonna post the other day about how it was already Hallowe'en in Marks & Sparks... but just been there today, and they have Xmas cards and tinsel for sale...

Last week they had a big stack of mince pies next to the till with a use by date in October.

D

Deleted member 1258

purplepolly said:
Last week they had a big stack of mince pies next to the till with a use by date in October.

Clearing last Christmases left over stock?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
too numerous to mention. 'Victor' is my pet name at home....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The Seasonal Goods aisle in any supermarket has three seasons :-
Easter Eggs starting on Boxing Day
Barbeque stuff starting on Easter Sunday
Christmas Puddings, mince pies etc staring after the August Bank Holiday.

And Argos change catalogs in July and January. So in February you can buy tents and paddling pools, but not heaters; whereas in August you can buy a Christmas tree and some fairy lights, but not a fan.
ISDBI!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom