Youth of today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
My new bike is in for it's first service so when asked to go Tesco grabbed the next bike at the front of the garage- an old beaten up MTB with gears as knackered as its bottom bracket- but it still goes.
Did my bit of shopping and on way back to the bike rack spotted an oversized 20 ish year old bloke "joke" punching his female friend on the arm, he then was so chuffed with his achievement he walked head long into my bike sending it flying to the floor/ into the rack next to it. His reaction? Throwing head back in laughter and walking off
I was close enough to shout out after him that my bike needed another dent and for him not to worry about being at all sorry. This then caused a worried look on his face as he walked away silently scoffing another value sausage roll into his mouth.
Did I mind too much about the bike? Not really- that's the reason I took it, what would have I done if it was me? Picked it up, made sure it was nothing terminal and been really sorry to the owner who clearly just witnessed it. It was the attitude more than the incident.
Rant over, I'm a bit calmer now, or will be- when I get the beer from the fridge.

Herr-B

I can imagine picking up somebody else's bike to check it over wouldn't go down too well.

colly

Re member eR
Some kids are nobbers but most are nice enough. Same as always I suppose.

Maybe the nobbers of today are just BIGGER ones.

Noodley

In my day, people who were 20ish were men not youths. So the thread title should read 'men of today' - but then it would mean admitting that a lot of people in the same grouping as oneself are nobbers, much easier to re.name the group eh?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I often ask people to pick up the litter they've just dropped, or simply return it to them, saying 'I think you dropped this' :thumbsup:
What they do with it after that is up to them, but I've made my point.
Just call me Victor Meldrew.

Top Bottom