Youtube Ad scams (ecoheat and evoheat)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
The very first ad to play today was for an Ecoheat money saving heater.
Explained here.
https://malwaretips.com/blogs/ecoheat-portable-heater/

The ad says they have already sold to (scammed) 300,000 people.
I recently bought a little one at lidl, of fairly similar design for £6.

Best be wary of all ads on social media. The truths in them are minimal at best. Xmas will be plagued by them.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
some folk will believe owt, mrs ck just bought a ring that claims weight loss ............................

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Someone was advertising a drink on tiktok to lose weight. It consisted of lemon juice, coffee and hot water. And people were being taken in and asking where they could get it. :laugh:

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
The ad scam also said 'safe for children' yet this type is one of the worst for safety.
But for the fact of a claimed 300,000 punters I would have simply ignored it.

It is a cheap China item that cost them about $5 to bulk buy.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Which plug ins? Does this work on an iPhone?

Macbook Air with Firefox Browser. I have " Privacy Badger " " Ublock Origin " " DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials " and although I don't have a Facebook account I use " Facebook Container " so none of their tracking cookies on other websites can see my browser. I tend to use Safari on my iphone, but don't watch YouTube videos on it. I do have Firefox browser on my iphone which I have just launched and can see static advertising.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
I gad the ad again watching the cricket on youtùbe. It appears the scam is updated to evoheat. Not to be confused with the company evoheat I imagine.

Probably the same people involved.

Top Bottom