Yuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it's the effect of global warming, then it'll probably get worse. Worse being cooler, wetter and windier with more extremes.

Note 'global warming' doesn't mean warmer here, just movement of winds/currents/rain.
hence the rapid shift a while back to 'climate change' which encompasses all the shoot bits...:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm usually quite philosophical about the weather - you can't change,so just dress right and get on with it. But I'm getting fed up now. Not so much day to day, even though I work outdoors, but NT and I like steam fairs and vintage rallies, and those aren't so much fun in the rain. And with him hurting his leg last year we didn't get out so much, so we're looking forward to some days out this summer. I'll be fed up if we get cold and wet every time, no matter how much we try to enjoy ourselves.

I'm usually quite philosophical about the weather - you can't change,so just dress right and get on with it. But I'm getting fed up now. Not so much day to day, even though I work outdoors, but NT and I like steam fairs and vintage rallies, and those aren't so much fun in the rain. And with him hurting his leg last year we didn't get out so much, so we're looking forward to some days out this summer. I'll be fed up if we get cold and wet every time, no matter how much we try to enjoy ourselves.
Me too, but this is getting beyond the joke:cry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll be fed up if we get cold and wet every time, no matter how much we try to enjoy ourselves.

Boiler/ water heater/ electric shower not working ? :surrender:

Better get NT to fix it ! :thumbsup:

:blush:

^_^

I really feel sorry for people organising events. Two years ago, we happened upon the Heskin Steam Rally while we were out, went along, had a great impromptu day out. Decided we'd definitely go again last year.

It had rained for a week already, and it rained the day we went. The ground was too wet for them to go ahead with the various vehicle parades, and most of the stall holders had retreated under plastic sheets or given up. We still enjoyed looking at the parked vehicles, and had a burger and a cuppa or two, and made the best of it, but I expect a lot of people wouldn't bother.

It's on next weekend, and we intend to go, I just hope it doesn't get rained on again. It only takes a couple of bad years for an event to falter and fail. While the CTC York Rally suffered from other problems leading to the cancellation, the lousy weather last year can't have helped.

On a personal note, NT and I are thinking of a wedding date about this time next year. Our chosen reception venue will work best if it's dry and fine, so that people can spill out into the garden. It would be nice not to have to wear a fleece and waterproof coat over our outfits!

tyred

Legendary Member
Yesterday evening and today so far have been really warm and sunny here. Tomorrow's newsflash - Drought warnings.

Top Bottom