Yum yum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona N

Veteran
Feeling cold and miserable in the office this morning (after soaking trip into town) :wacko: So I made pancakes for lunch - nothing fancy just flour, egg, milk, fried in a bit of butter and then with a sprinkle of lemon juice and brown sugar. I'd forgotten just how scrumcious pancakes are :tongue:

There are some advantages to working from home :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hmmmm I love pancakes, especially American style breakfast fatty jobs...I'm a dab had at making those. :tongue:

We were in a hurry on Sunday and had one of those big frozen Yorkshire puds between us as part of Sunday dinner. Mrs B left it out for a while before cooking (as I understand it, you're supposed to cook them straight from frozen) and my daughter was convinced it tasted just like a pancake as a result.

I suppose there is some similarity to the ingredients when you think about it.

OP
OP
Fiona N

Fiona N

Veteran

Well I'm from Yorkshire and learnt to make pancakes and Yorkshire puddings at my mother's knee, as it were, and the only difference in the batter is that sometimes for a fancy pancake I add melted butter to the batter. Otherwise it's 4 oz flour (plain), pinch salt, egg beaten, enough milk (or 1/4 pt milk and then some water) to thin to single cream thickness.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We were in a hurry on Sunday and had one of those big frozen Yorkshire puds between us as part of Sunday dinner. Mrs B left it out for a while before cooking (as I understand it, you're supposed to cook them straight from frozen) and my daughter was convinced it tasted just like a pancake as a result.

My dear departed mother used to make huge Yorkshire puds. Half was had for main dinner, other half was had with stewed fruit with cream or custard.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace

It's exactly the same beanz!

My granny used to give me any left over Yorkshire pud with golden syrup on as a pudding [I know, I know, the concept of ever having left-over Yorkshire pud is ridiculous!!]

Top Bottom