Zwift, Kickr Snap slow pairing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ExBrit

Über Member
I bought a KICKR Snap (poor name for something that has to support my weight!) and subscribed to Zwift. While Zwift can see the KICKR as a power source within a few seconds, it takes several minutes for Zwift to see the KICKR as a controllable. I've tried contacting Zwift, but I don't even think their "ambassador" even speaks English as they never understood the question. This isn't a show stopper, but I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to speed this up.

Zwift is running on a laptop running Windows 10 with the KICKR already paired. The KICKR blue light is solid on. It is literally one bike length from the KICKR. The laptop was a mid-range laptop three years ago. It's not the fastest. Is pairing a controllable more involved than pairing a power source, or something?

I've tried leaving the Zwift app running between workouts, but it just hangs when I start the second workout and I have to reboot.

I hope I've given you enough information to help me out.
Thanks

BurningLegs

Veteran
This isn't normal, but I don't know what is causing it!

One thing to try is using the companion app to pair instead. It runs on an Android or Apple phone. If you pair through that and it takes the same amount of time then perhaps it is the trainer. If it is quick to pair through companion then perhaps it is your laptop.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I had problems pairing via BT when using a PC. Never an issue if using Apple TV to Zwift. Solution for me is to either pair via ANT+ (can drop out intermittently, even with an extender cable) or use the Zwift Companion App (ZCA) on a seperate device, phone or iPad, then select the option to pair using the ZCA not directly to the PC BT connection. Only thing is you will need decent Wifi for the portable (ZCA running) device.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I don't know if this will solve your exact problem, but I bought an extension cable with Ant+ dongle because my Kickr Snap was a bit sluggish to connect to my Macbook. I use a music stand to hold my phone and water bottle and the cable runs from my computer to the music stand. The dongle is now only about a metre at most from the trainer and connects with no problems at all.

1643397207084.png

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I use Zwift on a Win 10 laptop. Literally the cheapest ASUS that Argos had two years ago - bought so my son could do his home learning.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I never pair stuff before launching the app. Instead, fire up Zwift and wait for it all to pair automatically before going to the main menu. Then, launch the companion once in-game.

Top Bottom