13 Year old addict.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Why is the grandmother raising these kids?
Why is/are the mother(s) of these children not raising these kids themselves?
Where are the fathers of these kids and why is there no mention of them being involved in the kids life?
Are the social services involved?
Has the boy been offered help in the past?

We do not have enough information to pass judgement on the parent or grandparent of this boy as we are not fully aware of their circumstances.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
The 'something must be done' crowd said:
Where are the social workers?

I saw a quote from Lincolnshire County Council's director of children's services in the original report. The thing about children's services is that children don't vote. So it's one of those hidden council responsibilities that's ripe for being squeezed when council budgets are squeezed. Hopefully, after all the austerity we've suffered, the social workers that are left in Lincolnshire are the wheat rather than the chaff, but I fear they're being run ragged. Those in Derby certainly were when my mother was made redundant from her clerical role (after 20-odd years in what was the youth service) a few years ago.

keithmac

Guru

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Quite a few judgmental posts here particularly towards the beginning of the thread by people who clearly have no idea what it's like to parent a 13 year old with mental health issues.

Levo-Lon

Guru
It all started in the early eighties...soft line, let em do what they like, let them have rights so they can do what they want.....

it all ended in tears about 20 years ago...but still no fecker has sorted this blame everyone else shoot culture out..

First step ...start with the lawyers and work back..:okay:

Top Bottom