1985 Repco Nishiki Cresta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buzz22

Über Member
20240426_163307.jpg

After looking for one for a long while I finally found an unmolested Nishiki Cresta (sold as a Repco in Australia) being sold by the original owner.
This one is in great condition for a 39 year old bike, importantly it has the Suntour driveline intact including the Mountech 3 pulley rear derailleur.
20240426_152902.jpg

I won't be changing much from original apart from the seat and pedals that I've already swapped.
It's just a lovely bike I'm happy to preserve.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I see quite a lot of Nishiki bikes down here which comes from the states where they were made exclusively for Dick's Sporting Goods stores. Lovely bikes.

Jameshow

Veteran
View attachment 728834
After looking for one for a long while I finally found an unmolested Nishiki Cresta (sold as a Repco in Australia) being sold by the original owner.
This one is in great condition for a 39 year old bike, importantly it has the Suntour driveline intact including the Mountech 3 pulley rear derailleur.
View attachment 728835
I won't be changing much from original apart from the seat and pedals that I've already swapped.
It's just a lovely bike I'm happy to preserve.

Nice! 🙂
What tubing is the frame tange?

OP
OP
B

buzz22

Über Member
Yes, Tange tubing. I'm not sure what grade, the 26.6mm seat post would suggest it's not one of the thinner walled tubing.

OP
OP
B

buzz22

Über Member
I see quite a lot of Nishiki bikes down here which comes from the states where they were made exclusively for Dick's Sporting Goods stores. Lovely bikes.

These I understand were made my Kawamura. Repco in the 80's brought out some lovely bikes to Australia, they were badged as Repco or Repco Nishiki here.
I'm told they were also badged as Norco in the US.

Top Bottom