2015 Rugby World Cup **Potential spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Great match, well done to the victors!

excellent final, really enjoyed it......
Yes. The most complete teams won both matches. Did there seem to be less 'replaying' of stuff noticed by commentators - let alone the referee/TMO? I thought so...Argentina had at least a couple of tough calls which were not 'discussed' in the studio, whatever the refereeing protocols etc. Ditto for the massive forward pass from Nehe Milner Momentum in yesterday's game, but overall, too much power on display for an Australian side that had been rinsed thoroughly by fixtures against Wales then Scotland, Argentina etc. The ABs had but to manage the South Africa threat and must have been a little fresher. Did they lose anyone to injury throughout this tourney?
Whimsically, Argentina v Japan in a 'Plate' final would have been fitting reward for those, and other sides that have illuminated this tournament. Instead let's look forward to Ian Ritchie telling us how successful the whole shebang has been, and how many millions of profit will be forthcoming. Standing in the room, unnoticed, will be a big grey thing called Jerusalem the Elephant, being tethered by Ian Ritchie's P.A. Ms Penny Hill-Park. Big shovels will be needed for the 'fallout' from said elephant!

Last edited:
Everyone said it was a great final but I thought it was dull. Mainly because I didn't care who won. I spent most of the match listening out for Nigel's comments, droll as ever.

AndyRM

XOXO
My biggest cheer over the last two days has gone to Argentina.

They battered an incredible SA defence and got a well deserved try. If they sort their discipline...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It wasn't the best performance by either team at this World Cup, and it wasn't the best game, but as finals go, it was one of the best. Finals are often tense and marked by errors and attrition, but this one had some great passages of play and some real moments of insipration - especially Nonu's try and Carter's drop goal - you don't see them scored from that far out, and under that much pressure, very often.

The third-place match wasn't anywhere near as good. Argentina seem to run out of steam and invention as the tournament went on. They didn't seem like the same side that were leading the All Blacks at halfway in the group stages. Granted SA got better as the tournament progressed, but still. However, given how young the Argentinian squad are, and that they are now playing regularly with the top southern hemisphere sides, I think they could go further at the next World Cup.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3983046, member: 43827"]This WC has made all our parochial arguments about which is the best of our 6 Nations teams a bit redundant. We're all second class compared to the SH teams. But at least there's plenty of money in the coffers so everything is fine:scratch:

We'll have the same old discussions in February and March, and the bigging up of the champions, but this year it'll all be a bit flat.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit harsh I think. Of our representatives in the QF only France were totally outplayed. Ireland were poor too I suppose, but Wales were within touching distance and Australia needed the refs help to win. Second best, not second class.

I don't think the 6 Nations will be flat either. If anything, failure at the WC will pump everyone up.

Top Bottom