396 and 397 watch batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Nothing. I have used both in watch repairs.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
A 396 also known as SR726W is a High Drain battery. The 397 aka SR726SW is a Low Drain battery.

Both are the same physical size.
https://www.watchbattery.co.uk/Watch_Battery_Cross_Reference_Table.php

That is correct but these days with a good quality battery makes little difference. They were mostly useful when watches such as the cheaper casios were still being made with tiny bulbs and not LEDs and helped prevent dimming of the LCD when operating the light. With LEDs the current draw is much less. I would recommend a good quality battery mind like a Renata or an energizer such as these https://www.batterystation.co.uk/energizer-397-396-ag2-sr726sw-watch-battery-1-pack/

Drago

Legendary Member
My watch doesn't have batteries :biggrin:
Some kind of water clock?

I have this little Madam.

IMG_3993_small.jpg

I know precisely when it's breakfast, lunchtime ham, treat stick time, supper time and cheese & biscuits time.

I get stabbed in the derriere with the murder mittens. There is no "off switch" on a cat that wants a whim catering to. :blush:

Mike_P

Guru
My father has a cheap watch he found whilst walking around a car boot sale about 10 years ago and I am forever having to change the battery with a new one from those strips of batteries that he bought around the same time and he always wonders why they don't last long :banghead:

Needs a Citizen Eco-drive (possibly other makes exists) - solar powered, never needs a battery. I picked one up from a closing down sale cheap otherwise they are into three figures but add up the cost of batteries. Still has the problem of needing the strap replaced as neccessary, looks like mine is on its last legs.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Needs a Citizen Eco-drive (possibly other makes exists) - solar powered, never needs a battery. I picked one up from a closing down sale cheap otherwise they are into three figures but add up the cost of batteries. Still has the problem of needing the strap replaced as neccessary, looks like mine is on its last legs.

Bless him he has numerous other watches that are much better quality but insists on wearing this one no matter what

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I have this little Madam.

View attachment 684449

I know precisely when it's breakfast, lunchtime ham, treat stick time, supper time and cheese & biscuits time.

I get stabbed in the derriere with the murder mittens. There is no "off switch" on a cat that wants a whim catering to. :blush:

I'm sure you're aware of this being a "cat person", however I only recently discovered it:

Today the counter-offensive begins and from now on I'll be wearing a bandoleer of bulldog clips at all times 👍

Top Bottom