At what age does someone become old and start wearing flat caps and a scarf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mid 40s for me, only because Mrs D detests my grubby baseball cap habit.

presta

Guru
I recall my father wearing felt Ascot caps when he was as young as about 40. I found a white flat cap like golfers wear by the cairn on St Sunday Crag when I was about 37, and occasionally wore it as a sun hat, but other than that I use woolly hats and/or hoods.

Big John

Guru
Around 60 when I started regularly wearing a cap - a Stihl trade cap. When it's cold I wear a beanie. When it's hot I wear a wide rimmed safari type hat. I love being an old fart and annoying the grandkids. However, I've not reached the age where I have to keep telling people - any people - what age I am. THAT'S the true mark of someone who's old.

Early 40s, though this is less to do with my age and more that one of them was my dads old hat and I wanted to wear it to be reminded of him. Bit soppy perhaps but that's why!

Never worn a scarf though, too much messing around.

1711032675439.jpeg

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I started wearing a flat cap five to ten years ago, so 46-51. I sometimes try to get away with wearing a proper hat, a Trilby or a Homborg like Churchill wore.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Around 60 when I started regularly wearing a cap - a Stihl trade cap. When it's cold I wear a beanie. When it's hot I wear a wide rimmed safari type hat. I love being an old fart and annoying the grandkids. However, I've not reached the age where I have to keep telling people - any people - what age I am. THAT'S the true mark of someone who's old.
I thought that was telling people how old you're going to be soon, as in a 79 year old saying "I'll be 80 soon"

Top Bottom