At what age does someone become old and start wearing flat caps and a scarf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I started wearing flat caps about 10 years ago. One had been left on the hat stand in my local pub. It was there for months unclaimed, so the landlady said I might like it. Up till then I was a baseball cap wearer. I thought flat caps were a bit old manish, but after a few wears I liked the cap and then went onto buy many more. From flat caps I progressed to fedoras, but still wear flat caps on very windy days, as fedoras tend to embarrassingly blow off the head. As for scarves, I've worn scarves since my youth as a football fan wearing Blackburn Rovers scarves. I have many now and wear them almost every day from September through till early May. I even wear scarves in the summer, but those tend to be silk, not wool.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only on the western side of the Pennines!

There used to be a clog-maker not far from Todmorden, that exported all of its produce over the border into the 'badlands' (Lancashire)
Walkley Clogs, Mytholmroyd.
On the opposite side of Hebden Bridge to Todmorden.

Still there.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
1712495419992.png

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Scarves are very practical items of clothing.

You can use it as a tow rope if your car breaks down.

Not an item of clothing I wear, personally, but, I am told a pair of ladies nylon tights can be equally useful as a temporary fan-belt ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I wore a flat cap for a while in my 30s. Was at an open mic and told this guitarist I knew that I liked his hat and he put it on my head. A while later a French guy- one of Ms P's friends who was visiting- told me he liked my hat so I gave it to him. That hat suited the atmosphere of that evening, it was foggy and we were walking back from somewhere through long streets of small terraced houses*. 'Which way is the mine?' he said. I hope that hat kept going around...

*In Watford.

Top Bottom