A BBC radio presenter ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He's written an explanation which goes all the way round the houses:

http://road.cc/content/news/195182-...-keys-were-taken-cyclist-gives-his-side-story

“I’d watched footage on Channel 4 the previous night of someone from Barnsley who had voted out of “Europe” to stop “muslims coming to England from Africa”. I’d had someone burning a fire in their back garden and shouting and bawling at 2am on Thursday morning when I got home from presenting a late show.

“I’d basically had enough.

“Enough of the inconsiderate. Enough of people acting, as we say in Yorkshire, the maggot. That is to say people just behaving in a way that makes life a little less pleasant for the rest of us.

“Do I wish I’d said nothing? The £165 replacement key I just shelled out for says hell yes.

“But if we see people being entirely unreasonable, dangerous, selfish, don’t we all have a duty to say something? Won’t it make things that tiny, incrementally bit better?

I dunno what any of that's got to do with his dangerous driving and road rage.

"...after the rider snatched his bunch of keys from his ignition and peddled off."

View attachment 133212

Where they peddled on EBay

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"The snatch happened at Bolton Abbey near Ilkley yesterday, where Mr Ahad said a cyclist “was causing a tailback by weaving all over the road to try prevent people overtaking him”.

"Weaving all over the road" usually means they're trying to avoid pot holes. As for snatching his keys.:cheers:

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
"The snatch happened at Bolton Abbey near Ilkley yesterday, where Mr Ahad said a cyclist “was causing a tailback by weaving all over the road to try prevent people overtaking him”.

"Weaving all over the road" usually means they're trying to avoid pot holes. As for snatching his keys.:cheers:

"weaving over the road" is, I think, a term meaning, cycling along perfectly sensibly about 3' from the kerb, "whilst not payin' any 'effin road tax"

In an amazing turn of events that has left the cycling world aghast the cyclist in question has come forward and the story becomes murkier:

http://road.cc/content/news/195338-bolton-abbey-car-key-snatcher-gives-his-version-events

“There are three reasons I am telling this story. Firstly, I am actually having a few (though not many) regrets, so this is a cathartic process. Secondly, I feel utterly sorry for the other cyclist who nearly got killed when they were mistaken for me (The Little Onion). Thirdly, Nick Ahad has got away with his version of events, neglecting a few key details.

“I am doing it anonymously for the simple reason that whilst I committed a crime of taking the keys, I prevented a far greater crime of assault. I believe that Nick Ahad is guilty of dangerous driving and possibly attempted assault (if there is such a crime?), and at the time I believed that if I had not taken his keys, he would have committed worse.

OP
OP
G
In an amazing turn of events that has left the cycling world aghast the cyclist in question has come forward and the story becomes murkier:

http://road.cc/content/news/195338-bolton-abbey-car-key-snatcher-gives-his-version-events
Not murkier at all. That rings so 110% true. [Imho ^_^]

The narrow roads around Bolton Abbey on a Sunday afternoon? Crammed with dangerous entitled dingbats out from Leeds and Bradford for the day; all frustrated to hell that they can't drive as fast and carefree as they'd want - cos the roads are full of ... other cars.

Circumstantial or not, Nick Ahad - I don't believe your story. Not one ....... word. :evil:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd go as far as to say he's full of sheet. The DJ that is, although I'm not entirely sure I believe the cyclists account either. After all, if the driver was so dangerous then why expose yourself to further danger by shopping to remonstrate, and then yet more danger by leaning into this dangerous persons vehicle?

Last edited:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
...danger by shopping...
You've seen Mrs Dr Bollo in John Lewis then.

[QUOTE 4342257, member: 9609"]so he over took a cyclist that had been holding him up, the cyclist then re over took him :wacko:

Anyhows, what an excellent idea - 10/10 for the cyclist - can we award him a medal ?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Top Bottom