A disgusting habit I've

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

noticed getting worse in the past couple of years

And i'm ashamed to say it's men who are guilty.

not enough men are polishing their shoes. Disgusting habit I tell you. There's no excuse. And surely people in the current financial climate people should be doing everything they can to save money. Polishing your shoes while not only making you look smarter and more appealling to the opposite sex it preserves the leather, thus making them last longer.

Get it sorted guys!

Saying that though, it's not as bad as guys who wear shoes with tractor like soles with a suit, or the slip on type with the metal bar chain thing on the front where the laces should be. (as below)

those guys need shot!

67882862.jpg

schoolshoes6.jpg

00_120_0605.jpg

Shoo!

There is more polish in the country than ever before and it doesn't matter. I need to brush up on my vocabulary or I'll be on my uppers ere long...;)

OP
OP
G

Greedo

You really are a lost sole!

Aperitif said:
Shoo!

There is more polish in the country than ever before and it doesn't matter. I need to brush up on my vocabulary or I'll be on my uppers ere long...;)

oxbob

And the BBC keep's saying the poles think obama will win.What do these carp eating cabbage munching people know?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Greedo said:
Saying that though, it's not as bad as guys who wear shoes with tractor like soles with a suit
I do that!

I have to wear a suit to teach but I also teach in a workshop and so have to wear steel toe safety boots. As all of my work requires that I wear safety boots I tend to only have safety boots as my footwear of choice.

The last time I wore smooth sole shoes my car broke down on a hill in a section of road works and I didn't have the grip to push the car up hill to clear the road. Fortunately a biker stopped to help me, none of the drivers did, they just sounded their horns.

Night Train said:
The last time I wore smooth sole shoes my car broke down on a hill in a section of road works and I didn't have the grip to push the car up hill to clear the road. Fortunately a biker stopped to help me, none of the drivers did, they just sounded their horns.

I always find that a big help.xx(
I don't have any shoes that will polish (apart, possibly, from my ancient Doc Martens) and I'm God's own scruffy git, so the OP is probably aimed at folk like me.;)

Willow

My boys are 10 and 11 and they have to clean their shoes once a week - more if they get them muddy. I see no reason why they should inherit my slovenly dress sense!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

You really are a serious sort, aren't you? Always wanting clarification on things? Why this? why that?

But as usual a light hearted thread needs clarification so if you want a serious answer.

It is disgusting from the point of view that it is dirty. In my opinion it is no different from wearing a dity shirt, tie or pair of trousers. It also shows the person is lazy. Would you turn up for an interview with dirty shoes? No you wouldn't so why should you any other time.

You obviously wear the type of shoe pictured and don't polish them either. You should change your name to DirtyboyTim.

PrettyboyTim said:
Why is it disgusting?

OP
OP
G

Greedo

You, my good man are excused, as your job requires appropriate footwear. You also need steel toecaps for toeing thick students up the ar$e no doubt!

I'm mainly referring to people who work exclusively in offices in city centres. They have no excuses for such footwear or filthyness!

Night Train said:
I do that!

I have to wear a suit to teach but I also teach in a workshop and so have to wear steel toe safety boots. As all of my work requires that I wear safety boots I tend to only have safety boots as my footwear of choice.

I couldn't abide dirty rugby boots - they were always clean and shiny! And many hourss were spent with a spoon on the gas ring, flattening out pimples on the toecaps of hobnail boots prior to spit and polishing...:sad:
My shoes are shiny now - they are not supposed to be but they are old 'matt' DM dealer boots and years of rubbing from the Tesco's £3 jeans have taken their toll.
I'll put a sock in it now.

graham56

Guru
Nothing worse than dirty shoes, always keep mine gleaming. Bit of a saddo really but i even polish the insteps.:sad:

Top Bottom