A disgusting habit I've

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

I used to find bulling my shoes quite therapeutic...

Alan Biles

gavintc said:
I do take shiny shoes and proper shoes into account when interviewing people.

Me too. Someone pitches up in jeans & trainers and they're on a loser from the word 'Go'.

And before anyone asks "Why?", it's because I make the effort and they should too if they want a bleedin' job.

mr Mag00

rising member
yup unfortunately i hardly wear polishable shoes these days to work but they are pulled from the depths of my cupboard and cleaned twice a year.

ACS

Legendary Member
gavintc said:
There are quite a few ex-military on here. Bulling shoes - an evening's entertainment.

Having taken the Queen's shilling for over 28 years I must agree, a tin of Kiwi Parade Gloss, yellow duster and a spot of spit, regimental heaven:biggrin:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I used to work in recruitment and therefore interview loads of people and now employ people myself. Anybody with dodgy or dirty shoes or both were given a polite chat then put at the bottom of the list.

Some excuses I will accept are it's pissing of rain and there a splashes on their shoes, because you can still tell they have been polished

or they work in a manufacturing, engineering or construction place already and have to wear harder wearing shoes.

Alan Biles said:
Me too. Someone pitches up in jeans & trainers and they're on a loser from the word 'Go'.

And before anyone asks "Why?", it's because I make the effort and they should too if they want a bleedin' job.

Mr Phoebus

Greedo said:
67882862.jpg

schoolshoes6.jpg

00_120_0605.jpg

F**k me off shoes.

Mr Phoebus

Worse shoes I've seen were those Clarks ones that teachers all seemed to wear years ago.
Those tan leather ones where the toe part was stitched over all weird. :ohmy: Fuglyness of the highest order.

Mr Phoebus

ivancarlos said:
Polyveldts or something?

BTW this thread has inspired me to polish my shoes.

I'm sure they're the ones. Leather, mind. Not suede.
They were called Cornish pasty shoes, too. :ohmy:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

these perchacnce???

Anybody walking in to see me with those on and a suit would just be told to leave the building immediately

K13973a.jpg

Mr Phoebus said:
Worse shoes I've seen were those Clarks ones that teachers all seemed to wear years ago.
Those tan leather ones where the toe part was stitched over all weird. :ohmy: Fuglyness of the highest order.

Top Bottom