A dog poo rant .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
In my side of our street there are 6 dogs. 2 of which aren't taken out because they are vile. 1 of which is mine.

The other 3 are owned by folks who NEVER pick up. A Rottie, a Spaniel and a Jack R.

This morning, Ellie was having a wee and this old bloke (who lives in the old people's pre-fabs) walking up the street started tut tutting. I asked him what the problem was and he said that I shouldn't let my dog 'foul' the verge. I couldn't be arsed explaining that a bitch stoops to pee. :smile:

Instead, I swung the poop bag infront of his face and walked off.

It really pisses me off how other owners don't pick the mess up and it's always the ones that do who get the hassle. :biggrin: :biggrin: :angry:

I was on the beach in Aberdeen yesterday (the nature reserve @ Bridge of Don) there were dog walkers picking up after their animals on the beach.
I had a very embarrassed neighbour knock on the door a couple of years back. He had taken his dog for a walk the night before and collected its deposit, then chucked it over his fence. Unfortunately the throw had been a tad too hard and it had landed in my garden. Him asking for his dogturd back was far too funny to be cross at all.

PaulB

Legendary Member
We have precisely the opposite problem and it's quite a pleasant one. Our cat is a right lazy get. He won't go too much further than our garden which he seems to think is his toliet. I've discovered that next door's dog quite likes the taste of catch it and greedily hoovers it up so now we don't let the cat in the back garden as there's no access to the dog, but when he goes in the front garden, it "mysteriously" disappears into Dexter, the cannine catch it quaffer. Which is nice.

Mr Pig

snapper_37 said:
It really pisses me off how other owners don't pick the mess up and it's always the ones that do who get the hassle.

Totally agree, selfish lazy people. In my opinion the penalties are too lenient and not enforced well enough. I would hammer them!

Gromit

Über Member
Have a repeat offender in our street, always craps outside the back door. Not good when we take the bikes out that way. hopefully one day I will catch the owners and tell them to clean up after there dog. It's not on when kids play there as well

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I was riding down a quiet country lane the other evening and watched in sheer amazement as a girl picked up her dog's poo in a poobag,tied the top very carefully, and then threw it over the hedge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some people make Homer Simpson look bright:biggrin:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Crackle said:
That's unfair Snapper: It's the one's who don't who give the rest of us a bad name.

Yes, it is unfair because we do the right thing ... even when she had a bad tummy with the antibiotics for kennel cough. We tried to get it up or encourage her doing it in the back garden. :biggrin: :ohmy:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Mr Pig said:
Totally agree, selfish lazy people. In my opinion the penalties are too lenient and not enforced well enough. I would hammer them!

So, shall I grass? :biggrin:

purplepolly

Tell them a non dog owner was complaining about stepping in dog poo and was thinking of contacting the council. Dog poo can, I think, be DNA tested.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
And to think of the job I had when getting my car insurace online-chosing my occupation from their list was impossible as they had nothing remotely similar to pick.I must look next time to see if "dog poo dna tester" is listed:biggrin:
"chicken sexer" was.........................I know, i never knew they existed either!!!!!!!!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Gromit said:
Have a repeat offender in our street, always craps outside the back door. Not good when we take the bikes out that way. hopefully one day I will catch the owners and tell them to clean up after there dog. It's not on when kids play there as well
I had a friend who for days found, and stepped in, a dog poo outside his front door on the way out to work. One day he decided to get up early and wait for it to be left.

He saw a man stop his dog outside the door and then walk on so he got a shovel and scooped up the poo and followed the man home. He waits for the man to go in and then knocked at the door while hiding the shovel behind his back. When the man answered my friend said 'I believe you dropped this outside my door.' and flings the contents of the shovel down the hallway before walking away.:sad:
It never happened again.

Top Bottom