A newby training for MK to Monaco - gulp!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CakeLady

Good Afternoon All!

My name is Sarah and myself and a group of other crazy gym friends are currently training to cycle the 959 miles from Milton Keynes to Monaco over 10 days at the end of September. While raising lots of money for a local hospice at the same time.

We are all novice cyclists so looking to learn as much as possible from more experienced road cyclists about training, nutrition and planning to enjoy the ride as much as possible! With hopefully no tears!

I ordered my first road bike yesterday, after much deliberation went for a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Xenon - the only challenge is how am i going to get it the 70 miles back home in my Fiat 500??!!! :s Cycling challenge number 1!

Vandiesel

Regular
Good Afternoon All!

My name is Sarah and myself and a group of other crazy gym friends are currently training to cycle the 959 miles from Milton Keynes to Monaco over 10 days at the end of September. While raising lots of money for a local hospice at the same time.

We are all novice cyclists so looking to learn as much as possible from more experienced road cyclists about training, nutrition and planning to enjoy the ride as much as possible! With hopefully no tears!

I ordered my first road bike yesterday, after much deliberation went for a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Xenon - the only challenge is how am i going to get it the 70 miles back home in my Fiat 500??!!! :s Cycling challenge number 1!
Thats awesome! Stick me down for a tenner near the time.

Training; Ride as many miles per week as you can, preferably building up to at least two 90 mile+ back to back rides a week as you get near the off.
Nutrition; Eat food, lots of it. Get used to eating (whatever food works for you) during long rides.
Enjoy; Don't skimp on the chamois cream.

Good Afternoon All!

Hello cakelady

Fellow mk dweller here. Would it be for Willen? If so, let me know nearer the time and I'll sponsor you too.

Best of luck with the training

avsd

Guru
Good Afternoon All!

Take of front and back wheel - get shop to show you how to do it and practice a few times putting them on and of at the shop.

Bring a old blanket/rug and set it on the back seat. Set frame on blanket/rug and place wheels on passenger seat.

You might need to take the seat post out of bike frame as a Fiat 500 is quite small but cute

Good luck with the fund raiser. It sounds a great cycle.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
hope your map reading is better than some w.... people :laugh:

OP
OP
C

CakeLady

Training; Ride as many miles per week as you can, preferably building up to at least two 90 mile+ back to back rides a week as you get near the off.
Nutrition; Eat food, lots of it. Get used to eating (whatever food works for you) during long rides.
Enjoy; Don't skimp on the chamois cream.

Thanks for the tips Dave, much appreciated! :smile:

OP
OP
C

CakeLady

Take of front and back wheel - get shop to show you how to do it and practice a few times putting them on and of at the shop.

Bring a old blanket/rug and set it on the back seat. Set frame on blanket/rug and place wheels on passenger seat.

You might need to take the seat post out of bike frame as a Fiat 500 is quite small but cute

Good luck with the fund raiser. It sounds a great cycle.

Thanks for the advice, more helpful than the pictures of odd arrangements of bikes attached to cars that my colleagues sent me!

Top Bottom