A newby training for MK to Monaco - gulp!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

CakeLady

Hello cakelady

Fellow mk dweller here. Would it be for Willen? If so, let me know nearer the time and I'll sponsor you too.

Best of luck with the training

Hello there!

Yes it is for Willen Hospice, thank you so much that would be great. Will keep you updated of training progress and pain!

Sarah

OP
OP
C

CakeLady

Hello and good luck!

Thank you! :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Welcome. It's probably to late, but my wife has a Fiat 500 and puts her bike in the front all the time. Put the seats down, put a sheet or blanket on the floor, take off front wheel of the bike, put the bike in tha back, get another sheet, and put it on the bike, rest front wheel, on sheet. Job done.

Fubar

Guru
Good Afternoon All!

My name is Sarah and myself and a group of other crazy gym friends are currently training to cycle the 959 miles from Milton Keynes to Monaco over 10 days at the end of September. While raising lots of money for a local hospice at the same time.

We are all novice cyclists so looking to learn as much as possible from more experienced road cyclists about training, nutrition and planning to enjoy the ride as much as possible! With hopefully no tears!

I ordered my first road bike yesterday, after much deliberation went for a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Xenon - the only challenge is how am i going to get it the 70 miles back home in my Fiat 500??!!! :s Cycling challenge number 1!

Sounds amazing, can't offer you any other/better advice than you have already got but enjoy it - even the painful bits! Regards, Mark

Hope you have a fab time (and hopefully fab weather!) One thing to remember is drink before you're thirsty and eat before you're hungry! Also...a godsend is that a great recovery drink is a chocolate milkshake!!! (try to drink within 20 mins of finishing and you'll be good to go the next day!)

OP
OP
C

CakeLady

Welcome. It's probably to late, but my wife has a Fiat 500 and puts her bike in the front all the time. Put the seats down, put a sheet or blanket on the floor, take off front wheel of the bike, put the bike in tha back, get another sheet, and put it on the bike, rest front wheel, on sheet. Job done.

That suggestion gets my vote - i pick it up this week. Will let you know how i get on, and also how our big team ride goes on Saturday

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That suggestion gets my vote - i pick it up this week. Will let you know how i get on, and also how our big team ride goes on Saturday

My post should read "...and puts her bike in the BACK all the time..." but of course you knew that.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Best of luck with the training and the ride; I have to say that sounds slightly more awesome than a rainy hotel in Scotland to a windy cliff-top in Cornwall (sorry LEJoGers, but it does!)

I'm a big supporter of the hospice movement as well (I'm hoping to do my own ride for the local one next year), so a great cause too and I hope it's a roaring success!

Top Bottom