A noob from South Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

Hi, found this place trawling the net "as you do", was actually on the Skyride site then looked for a few others then found here. I've been away from cycling for a looooong time then I got a basic mtb back in 95/6 and have hardly used it :shy:. Dont know why but I got another just a few days ago, a new, lighter mtb and hoping to get back into it, should have maybe got a rd bike, oh well....well if my body will let me, I can hopefully enjoy it again!

Anyway, that's a wee bit about me..:smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Welcome :cheers:

There are quite a few from around Glasgow on here I think :smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Stu9 and :welcome:.

If you're going to be mainly on road with your mountain bike, a change of tyres would make it easier to ride and a bit faster. I like Continental TourRide as they work okay off road as well, or Schwalbe Cityjet are popular as a fast tarmac tyre.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hi Stu, and :welcome:. There is indeed quite a few of us scattered in and around Glasgow.

Don't worry too much about the type of bike - the important thing is that you enjoy riding it. If the tyres are really knobbly, though, and you ride mostly on tarmac, changing to one of Phil's suggestions could be a good idea.

Col5632

Guru
:welcome: to the site from Dunfermline

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Thanks for the welcome lads n lassies ^_^................(where's the quote button?)

Phil....yes will have a look for them, was in Dooleys today and he brought out 2 - a Conti Nimbus (I think) and another pacero (or something like that) the Conti was a kind of touring type thing, seemed quite a hard compound though compared to the other. I know about Motorcycle tyres but not pushbikes

GBC....thanks, will look at that too, only thing is, I'm the only one of my mates that's going to try cycling a go again, so if I come to any runs/meets, it'll me myself and me so will odd as I'll know no one :shy:

Reactions: GBC
Top Bottom