A noob from South Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
Thanks for the welcome lads n lassies ^_^................(where's the quote button?)

Phil....yes will have a look for them, was in Dooleys today and he brought out 2 - a Conti Nimbus (I think) and another pacero (or something like that) the Conti was a kind of touring type thing, seemed quite a hard compound though compared to the other. I know about Motorcycle tyres but not pushbikes

GBC....thanks, will look at that too, only thing is, I'm the only one of my mates that's going to try cycling a go again, so if I come to any runs/meets, it'll me myself and me so will odd as I'll know no one :shy:

That's just exactly the same as all the rest of us on our first ride Stu. We're all of differing abilities, my strength for example is the 'tail gunner', while some of them like to accelerate on hills - very weird!!. The main thing is, we're all extra-normal, so as long as you can fit in with that...:thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Phil....yes will have a look for them, was in Dooleys today and he brought out 2 - a Conti Nimbus (I think) and another pacero (or something like that) the Conti was a kind of touring type thing, seemed quite a hard compound though compared to the other. I know about Motorcycle tyres but not pushbikes
I can't find Nimbus on the Conti list so don't know about that one. Their current touring range is here.

As for the other one, not sure, could it be Panaracer? If so they have a good reputation but I haven't tried them myself.

The rest of the Schwalbe range is worth browsing too. The Marathons are excellent.

Hi Stu, I'm new to the forum too, down the valley of the clyde. I managed out on my bike for the first time at the weekend, it has been a few years since I last gave cycling a serious try. No doubt I'll be along to one of the meet ups perhaps sometime in the summer when I'm fitter and can keep up with everyone. I will probably be on my ownsome too.
My Raleigh MTB is years old and still has the original tyres, it was never used much in the early days, I feel much safer on the country lanes having the added grip.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
No doubt I'll be along to one of the meet ups perhaps sometime in the summer when I'm fitter and can keep up with everyone.

CC Ecosse rides go at the speed of the slowest rider. "Keeping up" is a non-issue. Although some of us cannot resist the urge to sprint up the hills, we always regroup at the top.

So, I highly encourage you to show up to a ride sooner rather than later - I can pretty much guarantee you'll enjoy it.

That's just exactly the same as all the rest of us on our first ride Stu. We're all of differing abilities, my strength for example is the 'tail gunner', while some of them like to accelerate on hills - very weird!!. The main thing is, we're all extra-normal, so as long as you can fit in with that...:thumbsup:

Yep, I just did my first ride with the group last month and went on my second at the weekend... everyone is really friendly and helpful and if they sprint up the hills they'll wait at the top! Turning up on your own not knowing anyone there is not odd at all, in fact I thoroughly recommend it! ^_^

Edit: I see Rasmus has posted essentially the same thing while I was typing my reply, so I guess it must be true! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

Stu9

After reading this, it really makes novices feel welcome, so I like a few others will make a good effort to go to one, the only problem is the miles covered, even for a shortish run ie 30-40miles....I'm haven't went any further than about 2 miles in the last couple of days....and its literally years before that, so will struggle. Just the thought of 30-40 as a "light run" scares me

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Stu9 and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

The Weegie contingent is growing and there are loads of rides being organised. You will see the 3 Rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides:
The 3 key rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides will apply:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
  • There WILL BE CAKE:hungry:
  • Look forward to riding with :bicycle: and meeting you !
Thanks for the welcome lads n lassies ^_^................(where's the quote button?)
If you want to quote a whole post, use the Reply button in the bottom right corner of the post.
If you want to quote a part of a post, copy it, press the " marks at the right end of the formatting bar ^ ^ up there, then paste the text between the [ ].

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think a shorter ride or two would be a good idea too - preferably also pretty flat ... :whistle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Stu and :welcome: from Rutherglen!
Great you found us: the fun is just beginning for you :bicycle:
Don't wait for summer, join the posse on Saturday's cc ecosse rides!
Might bump into you: look out for a slow woman wearing a bright red helmet, cycle chat sticker on the back of it ^_^

Top Bottom