Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suspect most of the ride discussions will centre around the price of the beer in Llandudno and the quality of the battered sausage. If you want a chat about the etymological derivation of "Rhyl" or an analysis on King Canute impact on the Dee Estuary then you're on the wrong ride *

* actually I will try to provide some historical interest during the ride

Rich turning up will be the 'historical interest' - have no fear. He'll stick like Erudite to anyone prepared to listen to stories from a bygone age...he has been known to 'salt sausages, and he's partial to a Welsh rare bit too.

Last edited:
an analysis on King Canute impact on the Dee Estuary then you're on the wrong ride *

Well there is (King) Edgar's field in Chester where he rowed up with his mates (apparently) and we'll be passing Holywell where St Winifred brought a goose back to life after it had had its head chopped off ... If anyone is feeling a bit sweaty, you can go for a quick dip ...

Think I'll quietly excuse myself ...

There will probably be statues of a load of rugbymen dotted around the countryside like stray 'Anthony Gormleys', following the team's historic win over the All Blacks tomorrow.
_48566862_jex_767907_de27-1.jpg

toeknee

Über Member
:laugh: I'm sure it would be with the right person on it.......^_^

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Can I put myself down as a possible for this one. Haven't worked out the logistics fully but currently have it in mind to do the full route.

You're now on the list. Mrs Nickyboy has given me a full weekend pass as I am organising the ride. So I'm taking full advantage. Hopefully a great day's cycling to Llandudno. Travelodge booked so full fish & chips and beer session. Sunday cycling around Anglesey then train back to Manchester from Holyhead. Can't wait

Top Bottom