Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
I should add that if you want to extend it, stay over in Llandudno and cycle on to Holyhead. This summer the train ticket from Holyhead to Manchester was £18 or £19 - a real bargain. I went with a mate and we really enjoyed the weekend.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I should add that if you want to extend it, stay over in Llandudno and cycle on to Holyhead. This summer the train ticket from Holyhead to Manchester was £18 or £19 - a real bargain. I went with a mate and we really enjoyed the weekend.

That's exactly my plan. Manchester - Llandudno Saturday then Llandudno - Holyhead Sunday (hangover permitting). There are two realistic options from Chester to Prestatyn; A548 all the way (with a few little bypass diverts off) or A548 to Flint then NCN5 after that. We're doing the A548 option as the NCN5 after Flint is hilly. Nutters needing a hill fix on Saturday are doing the entirely optional Great Orme hill climb at the end of the ride.

Are you a possible for the ride?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This is looking like it's going to be a good ride and I'm making a firmer entry in my diary for it.

I'd have to come up the night before. What about the others from the South/South Wales/far-away contingent? Is anyone else thinking of staying somewhere near Manchester on the Friday night, and if so, any ideas yet about where?

Yes I will be looking at staying over and either ride back to Manchester on the Sunday or onwards to Holyhead and then getting the train back to Manchster from there

BRounsley

Über Member
Hello All

Could you add me to the “Expression of Interest” list please?

I need to check I can get a pass out, but as I live in south Manchester it would rude not to try.

Thanks Brian

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Yes I will be looking at staying over and either ride back to Manchester on the Sunday or onwards to Holyhead and then getting the train back to Manchster from there

If you go on to Holyhead it will probably be cheaper and definitely quicker to post home from Manchester anything you don't need for the ride and then get a train from Holyhead to wherever (there is a direct London train for eg) rather than going back to Manchester

pubrunner

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="nickyboy, post: 3379918, member: 27775"

The whole thing is designed to allow riders to start and finish wherever they like. So you can start with me at Manchester Piccadilly (95 miles), take a tram train to Altrincham (85 miles) or even start in Chester (45 miles). You can see from the profile that there are just a few little lumps and bumps out to Chester, then it's flat as a flat thing. Just a little stinger before the run into Llandudno

[/QUOTE]

I like the notion of optional starting points; I might be able to manage this - if I start in Chester.

Will there be a pub stop, between Chester & Llandudno ?

400bhp

Guru
You do know I've ordered a light easterly for the day don't you?

Anyway, hope we can catch up with you at Eureka or maybe somewhere else on the route. I'll leave you on the possibles list, if only to pressure you into coming with us:cheers:

Edit - I've reread your post....you mean you're doing it this Saturday? If yes then I will PM you a couple of things

Aye-this saturday, but the bl00dy wind is predicted to be an easterley:banghead:

Maybe I should just do it the wrong way:whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE="nickyboy, post: 3379918, member: 27775"

The whole thing is designed to allow riders to start and finish wherever they like. So you can start with me at Manchester Piccadilly (95 miles), take a tram train to Altrincham (85 miles) or even start in Chester (45 miles). You can see from the profile that there are just a few little lumps and bumps out to Chester, then it's flat as a flat thing. Just a little stinger before the run into Llandudno

I like the notion of optional starting points; I might be able to manage this - if I start in Chester.

Will there be a pub stop, between Chester & Llandudno ?[/QUOTE]

Afraid not. However we should be able to make up for it in Llandudno. We'll have a decent stop at Eureka café for lunch so any more than a quick wee stop in the afternoon will make us late into Llandudno for return trains. I'll stick you down as a possible

pubrunner

Legendary Member

Will there be a pub stop, between Chester & Llandudno ?

Afraid not. However we should be able to make up for it in Llandudno. We'll have a decent stop at Eureka café for lunch so any more than a quick wee stop in the afternoon will make us late into Llandudno for return trains. I'll stick you down as a possible[/QUOTE]

I was only asking about a pub stop, on behalf of @rich p :smile:.

I'm interested in doing the ride, but it is a matter of working out the best way. I live pretty much directly South (27 miles) of Chester. I might be able to stop over in Llandudno and have a jar or two and then possibly see if there is a train to Gobowen, or more likely, persuade my better half to come and pick me up either on the Saturday night or Sunday morning.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Afraid not. However we should be able to make up for it in Llandudno. We'll have a decent stop at Eureka café for lunch so any more than a quick wee stop in the afternoon will make us late into Llandudno for return trains. I'll stick you down as a possible

I'm interested in doing the ride, but it is a matter of working out the best way. I live pretty much directly South (27 miles) of Chester. I might be able to stop over in Llandudno and have a jar or two and then possibly see if there is a train to Gobowen, or more likely, persuade my better half to come and pick me up either on the Saturday night or Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]
You've got 5 months to work something out Pubby, that should be enough time for even you:whistle:
I'm working on LD to join us too!

rich p

ridiculous old lush

I'm interested in doing the ride, but it is a matter of working out the best way. I live pretty much directly South (27 miles) of Chester. I might be able to stop over in Llandudno and have a jar or two and then possibly see if there is a train to Gobowen, or more likely, persuade my better half to come and pick me up either on the Saturday night or Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]
You've got 5 months to work something out Pubby, that should be enough time for even you:whistle:

pubrunner

Legendary Member

I'm interested in doing the ride, but it is a matter of working out the best way. I live pretty much directly South (27 miles) of Chester. I might be able to stop over in Llandudno and have a jar or two and then possibly see if there is a train to Gobowen, or more likely, persuade my better half to come and pick me up either on the Saturday night or Sunday morning.
[/QUOTE]

If you & LD are going to do it, I'll do my utmost to be there. I've done very little cycling this year . . . Same as last year . . . And the previous year. Still, suitably fortified :smile: , I'm sure that I can manage it.

pubrunner

Legendary Member

If you & LD are going to do it, I'll do my utmost to be there. I've done very little cycling this year . . . Same as last year . . . And the previous year. Still, suitably fortified :smile: , I'm sure that I can manage it.[/QUOTE]

Could we persuade @Banjo to do this ride ? He's good company - but I can never manage to keep with him, for more than about 5 minutes :smile:. Thinking about it, that's the case with most of the riders that I've met on the CC rides :smile: - speedy feckers :smile:.

Top Bottom