A strange allergy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you be allergic to whistling? :biggrin:
I have a colleague who whistles. No tune as such, just generic whistling. This person annoys the hell out of me anyway and the whistling is the straw that makes the camel want to grab an Uzi. When I worked for Royal Mail I could hear a whistler from across the far side of the sorting floor, luckily I could wear headphones at work and drown them out. No such luck here.
Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

jasper

You miserable bugger :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
At your stage of life you should be thinking of mellowing a little not flying into a rage at any and every opportunity.

Chuffy said:
Can you be allergic to whistling? :smile:
I have a colleague who whistles. No tune as such, just generic whistling. This person annoys the hell out of me anyway and the whistling is the straw that makes the camel want to grab an Uzi. When I worked for Royal Mail I could hear a whistler from across the far side of the sorting floor, luckily I could wear headphones at work and drown them out. No such luck here.
Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

Well first of all Llama brain, it's an intolerance not an allergy and the clue is in the definition. You are an intolerant muppet breathed, addle brained excuse for a soggy cornflake, ergo you are intolerant, ergo it's just you.

<walks off whistling>

:biggrin:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Crackle said:
Well first of all Llama brain, it's an intolerance not an allergy and the clue is in the definition. You are an intolerant muppet breathed, addle brained excuse for a soggy cornflake, ergo you are intolerant, ergo it's just you.

<walks off whistling>
'ck off dog breath. :biggrin:

:smile:

Chuffy said:
And it is so an allergy. It makes me cringe. It's like nails on a blackboard.

'tis not, you hobbling halfwit. Since becoming an Afghan you've lowered your IQ, change to a poodle quick.

Anyway a quick dose of aversion therapy should set you straight. Get Baggy to whistle tunelessly for 2 minutes and increase by a minute a day for 1 month.

That'll be £50 consultation fee. Next please!

CycleChats very own Victor Meldrew:biggrin:;)

Wolf04

I'm with you Chuffy, definitely allergic to whistling. Take the lot of them out back.....last cigarette (hate them too)...blindfold (ambigious to them) and bring on the firing squad. A tad harsh possibly but they started it.

Willow

I remember my grandad telling me it's not ladylike to whistle!

One of my boys whistles in the morning and whilst I am a morning person I find it quite irritating and have to restrain myself from asking him to stop.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I have the same thing with a woman friend who warbles tunes in a semi-operatic way. It drives me nuts.
I also used to work with a bloke who would incorporate any word I said into a song. So if I mentioned 'hotel' for instance he'd burst into Hotel California. Grrrrrrr!

Top Bottom