a wee ride out in glasgow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
hi there ,,a new face in here but id like to use my bike more and a wee informal ride would b ideal ,,iv got an entry level road bike and the furthest iv been on it is 17 mls to my gfs (and then back the next day ),so im not exactly an experienced cyclist ,,had a few wee rides around here but would like to use my road bike s ,, a wee get together is ideal for me using it ,,iv got a hybrid as well so canal parg runs and stuff are ok too,,but its road stuff that i wana get some experience on.
i stay in springburn in the north of the city and something around this neck of the woods is obv easier ,,iv looked at the nightingales website and tbh im not ready for joining a club ,im not 21 ,,ahem,,lol ,,and just starting out so i wont b wanting race pace at all ,,just a wee bimble about and a few miles ,,nothing hard at all ,,anybody fancy it ??

JiMBR

Hey Jim

I'd be happy to accompany you on a ride or two.

I have a couple of training routes around the Crow Road area, which would be a good run for us.

I will say that I am way over weight, so my climbing sucks!

:biggrin:

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
hey im just starting out so im hardly lance armstrong hahahaha ,,theres a few routes out yr way even up through bearsden and out to carbeth and stuff would b doable im sure .

im totally knew to road riding so im no way advanced at all ,,total beginner ,itd b good to venture out with a like minded buddy ,,and my mate stays in anniesland so i could head for there and meet up :thumbsup:

JiMBR

Sounds good...my training routes go from Partick, up through Anniesland and beyond.

Looks like we could meet up!

:smile:

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
so where du go ,,and when ,,tbh most nites suit me see if we get any more takers eh ,,training runs !!! il b seriousley blowing out my ass !!!hahahhah

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
well im a total newbie but prob reasonably fit ,,im 6'0 and about 13,1/2 st go to the gym a fair bit and through the yrs done a wee bit of running (a wee wee bit),,,so im no olympic athelete but i do know my limits !! im 35 now ,,dont smoke and ,,eat ok i suppose but cycling is a diff matter ,,done a wee circuuit on sat with another guy and i took my hybrid as some of it was off road ,,id never met the guy before and that was a leisuerly pace ,,however at one point i was getting a move on and due to traffic lights and stuff i had to stop and wait for him a few times :whistle:

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
Hi a few of us head out for weekend rides and some midweek session near you in Glasgow. Check us out http://www.grcm.org.uk/

iv been out with u guys already ,,done the campsies thing(and fell off lol) ,,and the dunblane run with peeps on here (and was totally knackered hahahahah):thumbsup:

Top Bottom