Accessories for a Carrera Crossfire 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I assumed with the 10% off they are going to be the cheapest to buy from (not saying I would buy the cheapest items they sell though) and sell mid range products too?

Nope not necessarily. Other retailers often have 30% off products for example while Halfords may be discounting RRP by 10%

vickster

Legendary Member
Where can I find out what 42C is in mm? I cannot find tire width info for the French measurement system (which is apparently what this is (700x42c) anywhere.

42c = 42mm

presta

Guru
Tell me how I can transport a 42 litre flexible bucket?!
Tie some straps to it and wear it like a rucsac.
Like 20kg of shopping.
You should be able to get most of that in a pair of rear panniers, failing that there's a trailer, but some can cost nearly as much as your bike, so you need to ask yourself how often it would get used.
Kickstand is not necessary but it is bloody useful, especially when loading panniers.
I hold one pannier between my legs whilst rummaging in the other, not other means of support necessary. I wouldn't touch a kickstand with a bargepole, they're too narrow base and prone to toppling.
I've come across numerous times such as stopping to take photos where it would have come in use. I would have had to lay my bike down in the wet mud.
If the ground is soft & muddy a kickstand will be as much use as a chocolate teapot, the bike will fall as the tip will sinks into the mud.
I'm not going to lean it against the corner of the brick wall which will scratch the paint.
I've been leaning my bike against walls & fences for 23 years and there's not a scratch on it, that's because I don't lean it on the paintwork. To park the bike without it falling or rolling you need four points of contact: two wheels, handlebar, and either saddle or pannier. Avoid hills, but if there's a slight incline park it pointing uphill so that it's trying to roll toward the wall, not away from it.
this is the best video I've seen on fitting a tyre
I'm 65, and I've never yet had a tyre that difficult to fit.

presta

Guru
What straps? What are the name of the straps?

The name of the straps is.....

some bits of rope.

OP
OP
M

Milena

What tyre? It’s the French column…c = mm

What is a column in this context? This is all so confusing. I just want to know what these weird sizes like my bike tire (700x42c) means in terms of width. Apparently it seems I don't need to be worried about the first number (700) as that is the diameter of the tire which is available with a variety of widths - is this correct? So what 700 means doesn't matter. I just need a tire that has 700x(Insert numbers here)C. Whatever the heck that C at the end means I don't know.

I read -

Puncture Proof Tyres Tip​

If you can fit them on your bike the 25mm or 28mm puncture proof tyres will provide greater comfort and a smaller chance of a pinch puncture.

presta

Guru
Just went to the chart quickly, and again tired width is not listed?

Yes it is.
1698321880824.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom