Accident process?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
Hi,
Was cycling to work the other morning when it suddenly dawned on me that if I was to be in an accident I wouldn't really know what to do?
Ring police?
Take name/number (but how do you know its legitimate)

Sharky

Guru
I don't worry too much about what I would, but do worry about what the people who pick me up would do.

I sometimes worry about carrying ID. Once riding to work, I came to grief, but was carrying my wallet containing my driving licence. The police were able to contact my wife and bring my bike home whilst I woke up in hospital. On another occasion, I was with club mates and they called the ambulance as I was dazed and broken. (No cars involved).

But I am still guilty of doing solo rides at weekends without ID, other than my club top and I just wonder what would happen if ....

Must get something laminated and always carry it with me.

Hi,
Was cycling to work the other morning when it suddenly dawned on me that if I was to be in an accident I wouldn't really know what to do?
Ring police?
Take name/number (but how do you know its legitimate)

If you have a collision and you are injured then the driver has a legal obligation to provide you with their details and a copy of their insurane certficate. They also have to report the collision within 24 hours as do you if the Police do not attend.

So the above, take witness details, give a statement and get yourself checked out by a doctor and keep all details and receipts should you wish to make a claim.

Top Bottom