Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Maybe this one. 🤔

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115825794676?hash=item1af7c15e74:g:ui4AAOSwSnRkfyXI&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwK

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
He said the buyer of the not a Rolex is a member of the travelling community. He knows as he's done work for him before on what he described as very expensive jewelry. He told me the one ripped off has one chain worth about £35,000 in today's gold prices. The buyer probably bought it off another traveler, thinking the seller wouldn't break their supposed code of honour between traveler families and thought getting it checked out before buying it wasn't neccessary.🤷‍♂️

I wouldn’t be surprised if the fake Rolex buyer got a refund in full, seen it before, one site I used to go to had an articulated truck stolen, Police had no clue, word went out and it was back in the yard the following day

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Who'd buy this? Nearly 4 grand and no information about the watch at all! It doesn't look very old either. 🤔

2210092.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15553063...1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338343596&t

Item specifics​

Condition
Used: An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Style
NA
Lug Width
NA
Dial Colour
NA
Handmade
NA
Country/Region of Manufacture
NA
Theme
NA
With Manual/Booklet
NA
With Service Records
NA
Department
NA
Number of Jewels
NA
Type
NA
Bezel Type
NA
Movement
NA
Seller Warranty
NA
Strap Material
NA
Strap Width
NA
With Original Box/Packaging
NA
Brand
No Brand
Max Wrist Size
NA
Dial Pattern
NA
Case Material
NA
Vintage
NA
Strap Colour
NA
Bezel Colour
NA
Closure
NA
Year Manufactured
NA
Reference Number
NA
Case Colour
NA
Caseback
NA
Country
Japan
Escapement Type
NA
Manufacturer Warranty
NA
Case Size
NA
Indices
NA
Model
NA
Case Thickness
NA
Display
NA
Features
NA
Water Resistance
NA
Band/Strap
NA
With Papers
NA
Case Finish
NA
Watch Shape
NA
MPN
Does not apply
UPC
Does not apply
ISBN
Does not apply
EAN
Does not apply

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The woman selling the Victorian watch chain brought it into the shop today. What do you think? She said it's more in keeping with the watch than my 'modern' chain is. Yes, that maybe true, but I don't think it stands out as much as mine and it's only a short one and light in comparison to mine as well. That's my chain attached to the watch. The woman's chain looks rose, not yellow gold to me. 🤔

nc_ohc=EdjLzumH-XwAX9b_RQo&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=O_E_OOWZRBYAX_NkOsP&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
She did manage to sell me a gold ring though. It's a 6.9 grams, 14 karat carrot carat :whistle: art deco design one. I've looked up 14 carat rings and they are around the ÂŁ700 to ÂŁ800 mark for a similar weight. I bought the one below for ÂŁ250, so that's quite a bargain I'd say.

nc_ohc=-Y_b5W37j8cAX_ykKYk&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=nVlG01Xz3oAAX_UCb6u&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=z--NLhQOh9YAX8EzIbf&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO your chain definitely looks better with the watch @Accy cyclist. The Victorian one is nice enough, but as you say, the colour doesn't match the case nearly as well. That'll be down to the amount of copper alloyed with the gold. And at the end of the day, you're the one who's got to be happy with it, and seeings that you've already got something that works well, you may as well stick with it.

Can't comment on the ring, I know diddly squat about blokes jewellery. Ladies bling on the other hand... :blush:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
IMHO your chain definitely looks better with the watch @Accy cyclist. The Victorian one is nice enough, but as you say, the colour doesn't match the case nearly as well. That'll be down to the amount of copper alloyed with the gold. And at the end of the day, you're the one who's got to be happy with it, and seeings that you've already got something that works well, you may as well stick with it.

Can't comment on the ring, I know diddly squat about blokes jewellery. Ladies bling on the other hand... :blush:

I think the older chain is ok, but it'd just be more expense. I think she wants about ÂŁ500 for it. Not only that, but I've eventually found a use for my 'blingy' chain after it's been on the mantelpiece for nearly 4 years since buying it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to see my goldsmith friend today. I noticed the other day he had a nice gold bangle on his wrist. I asked how much one would cost and how long it'd take to make. He told me I'd need about 33 grams of scrap gold and be prepared to wait months as he's been waiting to make one for a customer since Christmas, because he's so busy doing other work. I asked if it'd be possible to use half of the chain I have and intend to use as a watch chain. He said it was possible and he could even make a T-bar out of the chain. He said a bangle and a T-bar would cost about ÂŁ250 to make, but the wait for the bangle will be long. I also asked if he'd hallmark it, if he's allowed to do so. He said he's registered with a goldsmith in Sheffield and yes, he's allowed to hallmark items, providing he only uses their particular mark. I think his job is very interesting and skillful! I suggested he could take an apprentice on, but he said he wouldn't have the time or patience to teach someone the trade.

Badger_Boom

Ăśber Member
Who'd buy this? Nearly 4 grand and no information about the watch at all! It doesn't look very old either. 🤔

View attachment 697944

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15553063...1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338343596&t

Item specifics​

Condition
Used: An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Style
NA
Lug Width
NA
Dial Colour
NA
Handmade
NA
Country/Region of Manufacture
NA
Theme
NA
With Manual/Booklet
NA
With Service Records
NA
Department
NA
Number of Jewels
NA
Type
NA
Bezel Type
NA
Movement
NA
Seller Warranty
NA
Strap Material
NA
Strap Width
NA
With Original Box/Packaging
NA
Brand
No Brand
Max Wrist Size
NA
Dial Pattern
NA
Case Material
NA
Vintage
NA
Strap Colour
NA
Bezel Colour
NA
Closure
NA
Year Manufactured
NA
Reference Number
NA
Case Colour
NA
Caseback
NA
Country
Japan
Escapement Type
NA
Manufacturer Warranty
NA
Case Size
NA
Indices
NA
Model
NA
Case Thickness
NA
Display
NA
Features
NA
Water Resistance
NA
Band/Strap
NA
With Papers
NA
Case Finish
NA
Watch Shape
NA
MPN
Does not apply
UPC
Does not apply
ISBN
Does not apply
EAN
Does not apply

I'd like to see something to authenticate it, but IWC are pretty expensive when new.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd like to see something to authenticate it, but IWC are pretty expensive when new.

Yes, I'm not questioning the price, it's the lack of information about the expensive watch I'm questioning. They want nearly 4 thousand pounds, but can't be bothered to give details about the watch. Something to hide maybe, or do they just think the watch being such a price sells itself without the need for details/information? 🤔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Heck, my neighbour who bought that crap Rolex clone has just messaged me saying her bank has contacted her to tell them that the seller is disputing her refund! According to my neighbour the bank message says 'They believe this charge is correct'. The cheeky @#~ts eh! That watch is worth about a tenner and she's still waiting for the box which cost ÂŁ40! I would've thought the seller would've kept their head down and accepted that not all buyers will accept their rip off organisation without question!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Funny how the seller managed to reply to her bank when they heard the payment had been cancelled, yet couldn't quite manage it when she sent them about 25 texts etc asking for refund details!! I don't know how these operations are allowed to exist and act so brazen!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Heck, my neighbour who bought that crap Rolex clone has just messaged me saying her bank has contacted her to tell them that the seller is disputing her refund! According to my neighbour the bank message says 'They believe this charge is correct'. The cheeky @#~ts eh! That watch is worth about a tenner and she's still waiting for the box which cost ÂŁ40! I would've thought the seller would've kept their head down and accepted that not all buyers will accept their rip off organisation without question!!

She may be scuppered then unfortunately as the goods were delivered. And as she knew she was buying a fake, she may not have a leg to stand on really (small claims court isn't going to be an option). She might be able to claim the ÂŁ40 for the box if it never arrived.

Top Bottom