Actors you dislike but like in a certain movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
NormanD said:
Jim Carrey ... hate the sight of the guy .. can't act, same routine in nearly every film, but the only role that he made me laugh in was in Dumb and Dumber

Agree.

Michael Caine, some how grates on me! Zulu was a good film though as was the Italian Job, it still doesnt make me like him though!

yello

Difficult one this, for me anyway. Because you're really saying that the movie is good enough to override your dislike of the actor.

I also cannot stand Jim Carey... but 'Man In The Moon' is excellent and- - as much as it pains me to say - Carey was....mumble mumble...ok. But then I have always liked Andy Kaufman so the movie was bound to at least interest me.

Can I nominate Nicole Kidman? She annoys me in most films I've ever seen her in, and I really cannot understabd the accolades she gets (I know delzegg would mention 'Moulin Rouge' but having never seen it, I could not comment.) However, I have to begrudgingly admit to liking her performance in 'To Die For'.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That cretinous, arrogant, self-obsessed prat who really annoys me in everything he does [so I avoid all his films] except The Mask.

Meryl Streep. Utterly, utterly hateful. Except in The Devil Wears Prada, which I actually quite enjoyed (considering it was a fairly poor movie).

Maybe I was blinded by Emily Blunt and Ann Hathaway.

f

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
NormanD said:
Jim Carrey ... hate the sight of the guy .. can't act, same routine in nearly every film, but the only role that he made me laugh in was in Dumb and Dumber
I thought he was excellent in "The Truman Show"

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
DJ said:
Steve Martin is another one I really dislike and I cant think of a movie that I do like him in!!!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles ...

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Planes, Trains and Automobiles is a classic...

edit. just seen another poster say the same

DJ said:
Steve Martin is another one I really dislike and I cant think of a movie that I do like him in!!!

purplepolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanD

Fnaar said:
I thought he was excellent in "The Truman Show"

He's very good as Truman, but then the character is very different to his normal work. I would rather pull out my own fingernails than watch him in anything else.

tordis

Can't stand John Travolta - loved him in "Pulp Fiction".
Oh, and I really hate Ben Affleck (especially in "Armageddon"), but I have a soft spot for him in "Pearl Harbour".

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
John Wayne in The Searchers. It is, in some ways, a vile film (but a great film) and you get the feeling that the director has somehow got underneath the smug veneer that Wayne carried through most of his career, and uncovered something much bleaker.

Wayne was in some fine films - 'The Man who Shot Liberty Valance' being one, but in that he's just a posturing ninny.

Top Bottom