Aldi aluminium Cob lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
I just popped into Aldi and bought some Bike mate Aluminium Cob lights ( front and rear )for £12.99 each. They look identical to a brand called Moon lights ( nebula models) and they sell for over £ 60 for the pair.
They seem the same spec ect so hopefully ive got a bargain.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just bought two rears. Can't go wrong with the 3 year warranty. 4 steady modes and 4 flashing. The 'overdrive' mode is seriously bright.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I just returned the back one to the shop because it was not working. Luckily they had 2 left and exchanged it.They are seriously bright lights. Looking at specs in the instruction leaflet they are identical to the moon nebula lights.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I tried the rear light inside and it seems very bright.... And will get used on its lowest setting most of the time I suspect. I like the size and weight of them, but I've still to work out where I think the best place to put them is. They look to have good side visibility.

Are they rechargable type or ordinary battery?

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I've just been for a ride out with these lights fitted. The only niggle I've found is the bracket. Its got notches on it so that you can adjust the light angle, and when going over a rough road surface the light vibrates off the notch and points at a different angle. I've just put a spot of super glue on the pivot to hold it in place. Luckily I've got another spare bracket ( from the rear set ) just incase its needed

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
The run time seems accurate too. I've left the rear one on full intensity until the battery gave out and it lasted exactly 1 hour as stated in the instructions specs. They also get pretty hot along the aluminium strip which is supposed to be a heat sink..
Well pleased :-)

Top Bottom