Aldi aluminium Cob lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm gonna wait 'til they've been reduced to £2.99 :rolleyes:

They could actually come down a bit from that £12.99 price if they eventually go online to clear stock. I took a punt on some of their bib shorts yesterday that appeared online at £12.49. I`ll either get a bargain or get something I need to return. Or, something that I can tolerate just while my polaris bibs are in the wash.

...unlikely but i'm a tight wad.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I tried it out today in the shadows on the lanes... Not too bad. I can't remember which settings the light was on as we cycled through trying them out.
image.jpeg
image.jpg

gordonrgw

Gave mine a try tonight, quite impressed. Only worry is the plasticiness and build quality of the mounts, we shall see if they last..

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Do you live on the set of some period drama or something? looks like they forgot they did't have HV tabards in 1927
:biggrin:
I was passed by several nice old cars... That one waited patiently behind me as I slogged up a hillock, and only overtook where it widened out. I did wonder if there had been an event on or just the last sunny warm day before Autumn encouraging them out to enjoy the sunshine!

potsy

Rambler
Quality photos, Summerdays.
She learnt everything she knows about photography from @User14044 in the photo challenge thread :okay:

Metal8

That's Dad that is!
I've got one set for mine and her's bikes.
They seem to be very good so far.

Time will tell on the normal bracket but the saddle mounting bracket is great.

Will report back after a while..

400bhp

Guru
I'll have a nosey at these tonight.

Do they have the rubber style watch strap mount, like the £9.99 ones do? I bought a rear £9.99 jobbie last year and it's great and probably the best thing for me is the rubber mount can be mounted on the stays really easily. I have a saddle bag that takes up the seat post so cannot attac a light to the seat post.

The £9.99 rear is a really good VFM light. Incredibly bright too.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah that have a rubbery watch mount, a clip mount for putting on saddlebags and one of those mounts that attaches to the saddle rails, if your stays are wides enough it will be okay or you can add some spacing material.

Nibor

Bewildered
I've just been for a ride out with these lights fitted. The only niggle I've found is the bracket. Its got notches on it so that you can adjust the light angle, and when going over a rough road surface the light vibrates off the notch and points at a different angle. I've just put a spot of super glue on the pivot to hold it in place. Luckily I've got another spare bracket ( from the rear set ) just incase its needed
Apparently there is a screw to adjst the tension of the bracket but it is not that obvious

Metal8

That's Dad that is!
Anyone mounted then vertically?
Slightly disappointing that the swivel bracket only swivels one way as I'm about to buy this for fork crown mounting Bracket

They obviously don't expect you to mount onto a horizontally round object i.e. handlebar or that bracket, but on something like a fork or head tube etc

Top Bottom