Aldi aluminium Cob lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
So at 12.99 with a 2/3 year guarantee there a bargain.

davidphilips

Veteran
chime in here any one tried the lights on sale in halfords, seem very good i have a few of the back lights and they are really bright,may treat myself to another set.
Lezyne Micro Drive Bike Light Set - Black
£43.49
SAVE £31.50
RRP £74.99 *

Attachments

• Hydrangeas.jpg
    Hydrangeas.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 66

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Bought the front cob light yesterday, tried it tonight, taking it back tomorrow.......
Save your money.
The thing kept switching itself off, luckily had another different front light on aswell. I didn't particularly like the beam pattern (or lack of it) either.

Adam4868

Guru
Have the rear and be using it everyday,didnt get the front as not keen on shape on handlebars

Metal8

That's Dad that is!
Bought the front cob light yesterday, tried it tonight, taking it back tomorrow.......
Save your money.
The thing kept switching itself off, luckily had another different front light on aswell. I didn't particularly like the beam pattern (or lack of it) either.

I've found our two pairs of them to be really good

Anyone got a spare belt clip-style attachment from one of these they don't need? Mine was destroyed in an incident with a lorry!

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Aghhh disaster struck last weekend with my rear light. For some strange reason the bracket that attaches to the saddle rails snapped during a 50 mile ride. The light ended up bouncing gracefully down the road but by a miracle it still worked. A local bike shop was good enough to give me a new Moon nebula bracket..A few days later though the light has finally given up the ghost. So just a word of warning about the seat brackets. Keep a close eye on them just incase yours may be going the same way as mine did..It's a safer bet to use the seat post bracket in my opinion. These cob lights though throw out an amazing amount of light and I really wanted another but I could justify paying out 40 odd pounds for the identical Moon Nebula so today I ended up buying a Moon Comet X cob light for £20. Spec wise it's not as bright as the Aldi one but after trying it out tonight I personally think it's just as good with the bonus of it being Cheaper , smaller and longer running times. This one though will definitely be fixed to the seat post as the bracket seems so much more stronger.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still using the saddle rail fixing, but it's on an MTB and not getting daily commute use. I use it on setting two. They are very bright. I notice I have to press the power button once I plug in to charge, for the charge light to activate.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Just to add , even though the Aldi one is virtually identical to the Moon nebula I couldn't help to notice that the plastic saddle bracket on the Aldi,s one seems to be made out of a more brittle plastic compared to the Moon,s one. Both of them are perfectly interchangable but the moon bracket is very slightly different in design indicating the Aldi lights are not just simply re badged Moon lights

Top Bottom