Aldi Special Buy - Medion® GoPal® E3230 Satnav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pes

Thinking of buying this today for £130.
Does anyone have any comments regarding its quality or value for money etc.

Slowgrind

I don`t know anything about the quality or performance of this particular item. I have purchased various electrical items from Aldi and had no trouble with them, widescreen TV, computer gadgets etc. Aldi will refund your money on anything that you arn`t happy with if returned in as bought condition with the recipt, though I have not had to do that with the stuff that I`ve had up to now.

yello

There's often the assumption that just because something's from Aldi/Lidl that it will be cheaper. That's not always the case, especially with their electrical/technology/camera type offerings. It is worth looking around.

That said, I believe the Medion stuff (they also do laptops and the like) is not bad. It does the job but maybe lacks some of the features of the known names. I think with GPS it's more a matter of which map(s) they come bundled with as much as the features of the unit itself.

bigfella

Über Member
I used to work for Medion and to be honest. I'd shop around, its budget rebranded stuff, the build quality is normally alright but the software isn't very good. Also, its hard to get hold of support or sort out returns.

bigfella

Über Member
Not saying its all cheap, as its rebranded quite often the quality varies. Most often, it varies to the bad end of the scale.

Top Bottom