all google searches take me adverts...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
hello no it is not sorted :wahhey: been offline

I am thinking about adding a new harddrive and installing windows on that. making that the boot drive and then trying to clean the old hdd and remove the windows component from it. would that work?

peanut

I thought satan's budgie was helping you off line ? what happened ? what sort of things have you tried ?

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
well i have finally sorted it out. a trojan win32tdss.rtk. took numerous passes of various progammes some offerd from here and others too and a delve into the registry. spybot kept finding it but couldnt remove it so into the registry i went

thansk for all the advice

peanut

well done that man;) we won't embarrase you further by asking you what sites you have been visiting lately :smile::smile:

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
hahaha

has anyone heared of acronis as a backup suite, anygood?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
mr Mag00 said:
hahaha

has anyone heared of acronis as a backup suite, anygood?

I use it - could never get it working to hold incremental backups after a full backup though. I had it set to delete the old ones after so many new ones, then set to delete old backups once a certain amount of space was left on the disk, etc etc. None of them worked - it just kept filling my 400Gb external HDD until the backups started failing.

Now I use it to create a new disk image of my two internal HDDs once a week. That seems to work fine, though it does take all day to do it (whereas incremental backups would be MUCH quicker if they actually worked).

The newer versions of the software may have fixed all that though; I'm just too tight to pay to upgrade in case the problem's still there.... :biggrin:

Top Bottom