all happening round here tonight!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
well, just biked the 0.5 miles or whatever it is from my fiancee's house and incidents and things i saw include:

group of 'chav's' on the foot bridge (split foot path and cycle lane) who spread out to block me, i slowed and asked "can i get past please" they left a narrow gap through the middle of the group "go on then" said the one who was in front of me.
"nice bike mate" was said about my lovely orange carlton and another kicked my pannier (nothing valuable in there except a load of business cards and a jacket that millie bought me) but it stayed on.

started accelerating gently on my way, and into the park as if to show i wasn't bothered, but also keeping an ear out for anyone following me and was ready to sprint, but no need.

saw a bloke running towards the bridge and warned him of the group,
recognised him as one of the tutors on my previous degree course and said hello

headed back up to the road (the way he'd come from and the way i was headed and there was a car in the middle of the park and two police cars

tim grabbed a taxi, i carried on home

turned onto my street to find a bloke jogging down it and a woman following in a car crying quite loudly, she stopped in a road ending that he was jogging across and blocked traffic for a bit before carrying on following him.

so, interesting night all round me thinks.

Noodley

Best get yourself over to "Friday Night is Music Night"

Black Sheep said:
i've re-read it now and it makes me sound a bit of a wuss :becool:

Not at all. A group of 14 year olds is not to be underestimated nor overestimated but played with a straight bat which you did. I wouldn't get into a fight with them, what's the point, nor would I be intimidated by them, they're just 14 year olds, no more, no less.

yenrod

Crackle said:
Not at all. A group of 14 year olds is not to be underestimated nor overestimated but played with a straight bat which you did. I wouldn't get into a fight with them, what's the point, nor would I be intimidated by them, they're just 14 year olds, no more, no less.

This is my pov too !

Ive a good friend but he seems to 'be aware' of these lads etc..

I feel its in eye contact.

Just as much as a dog can get eye contact with you and its 'all hell'...

These 'lads - of this age group' get eye contact and its 'come on then lets have a go...'

Intelligence is not there sadly and it appears the parents dont appear to do such to turn said lads from acting like so' either.

BLACK to ask if you can go thru then they've won prior to you not needing to compete...at all.

If it was me i go thru as thats what I was doing and it'd be the same deal if it was them !!!

I recall once having cycled to my sisters in deepest liverpool and some kid was allover a skip throwing things around..i was high as a kite on adrenaline it turned out the kid was from next door so as I was brought up to NOT throw things around that kid wasnt too ! equals GOOD SOCIETY.

SO I said to the kid get off the ****ing skip and pick the shoot up ! which he did and nowt was heard from that kid again.

It appears there are a lot who dont spell things out to each other in this society and would rather meekily sheep away - reason this ****ed up country is so in a mess !

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I had to drop off a sleepover rucsac for one of my daughters last night. Passing through a council estate on my way back there was a little kid lying on the ground by a bike... with a group of adults who didn't seem to know the boy. I stopped to ask if they needed any help but it was already on its way.

I cycled on for another 400m+ past a couple of side roads, and then saw what was apparently the mum coming out of a house being told about the accident. She wasn't even rushing, and her kid of about 4 -6 had been out on the main road without an adult. And was still lying on the ground when I had left the scene.

It really upset me. I know I don't know the full details - someone else may have been meant to be looking out for him.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The nice weather seems to bring them out, especially late on. We had to shut our window last night - some folk the new flats on another road, usually fling their windows open and are very loud (music/voices)...last night an argument broke out, some woman effing and geffing with some bloke - we think it was two neighbours 'complaining'....

OP - best not respond to these kids - there is nothing you could do - if you did, you'd be in trouble with the cops, not them. If local, you could always clock what one of them looks like, and 'mention' to him, some time later, when he is on his own - e.g. just 'friendly advice'.....

I was tempted to go for a spin last night as I've been away all week, about 11ish, then realised all the flipping idiots were out - you could hear them from streets away....

gary r

Guru
i was cuting the grass last night about 7pm when a car full of chavs (vw polo) came racing down my road ,they couldnt take the roundabout they were going so fast,he hit the island smashing the keepleft signs over.they tried to get the car started again & couldnt.So now its sitting abandodned round the corner from my house!! I fell like going ound the corner & torching it!

OP
OP
Black Sheep
gary r said:
i was cuting the grass last night about 7pm when a car full of chavs (vw polo) came racing down my road ,they couldnt take the roundabout they were going so fast,he hit the island smashing the keepleft signs over.they tried to get the car started again & couldnt.So now its sitting abandodned round the corner from my house!! I fell like going ound the corner & torching it!

nah, waste of fire fighters time.

legal option: report to police

illegal option: strip and sell parts on ebay

Don't think i let them win really, just asked "can i get past please" because the group were blocking the bridge, same as if two people were walking next to each other and blocking it - ah well, just thought this morning if i'd bumped into them on the path through the park, plenty of space (twice as wide) i'd have been going much faster and it'd have been "MOOOVE!" human fog horn time :wacko:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Fnaar said:
...or, get off the bike and do some street dance moves... :biggrin:

Yeah a dance off on the bridge... settle it with some slick moves. :wacko::laugh:

Seriously groups of kids like that are invinsible and they know it so its just not worth bothering with. You get off and get mouth it goes two ways, they all gang up and beat the crap out of you even stab you (my 'sources' tell me knives are everywhere, and a bit of a joke to 14-16 year olds) or it turns nasty and you fight back, in which case you go to jail for child abuse!

Ride on and be firm but polite, its all you can do (unless you actualy are a kick arse break dancer)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Last night some bloke took his gang off to have a fight. While he was gone another bloke took over his turf.
A chap from the first gang went back to sort him out and got a new gang together. He lost the fight though and got beat up and his girlfriend got beat up too. His gang then had to try and rescue him.
They managed to rescue him and then beat the crap out of the new gang. Then his leader came back and made him top dog for saving his turf.
Then the Audience appluded and we all went home.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom