Am i an irredeemable nutcase?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
redcogs

redcogs

Guru
At 57 i belong firmly in the "old geezer" box. i want to chug up and down the Cairngorms on a velosolex before i die, but nobody seems able to locate a new one here in the UK.:smile:

redcogs said:
At 57 i belong firmly in the "old geezer" box. i want to chug up and down the Cairngorms on a velosolex before i die, but nobody seems able to locate a new one here in the UK.:sad:

Honda do a slightly more powerful version called the Fireblade. ;)

OP
OP
redcogs

redcogs

Guru
i fell for that one completely Patrick - i'm not at all 'up to speed' on the motor-cycle front..

But when i get my velosolex i'll be down to North Wales to spend a weekend 'indoctrinating' you and yours (especially Mrs Stevens) ;):sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I know someone who used to have that sort of thing knocking about in his workshop sometimes, but he's retired now... They were generally fairly elderly ones though.

red_tom said:
You could be a derny for your local bike club ;)

Or nerdy on your own! :sad:

OP
OP
redcogs

redcogs

Guru
i'm too mechanically challenged to risk a really elderly velosolex Uncle Mort - and Brighton, where the ePay model resides, must be about 700 miles from here..

Still, thanks for the heads up.

Apparently they are being made again on the continent somewhere - presumably it is only a matter of time before they become more available here in the UK. There seems to be some differences about legality between here and Europe regarding engine size and road worthiness and the likes, which probably gets in the way somewhat.

Top Bottom