Another Tipper Lorry Death.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
Please do NOT let this thread deteriorate into yet another lorries/ cyclists/ road-worthiness/ media/public view of cyclists etc "debate",

We have had many of those and do NOT need to re-do the same arguments every time.

This thread is about a cyclist who died on the roads of London. Please go to the other threads to argue - if argue/'discuss' you must.

Origamist

Legendary Member

Road.cc reports that they were ''intelligence led'' so it's not random roadside checks. There is a partial breakdown by vehicle category of the unit's first 6 months at the bottom of here - https://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/c...-review-of-first-six-months-of-operations.pdf

And it's as I suspected. An industry that often doesn't give a damn about vehicle safety, or driver hours, is not going to give a damn about other people's safety either.

What Intelligence?

Yes, condolences to the husband.
An interesting and pointed quote from the city of london police officer in that piece.
I do find it a very confusing junction. I'm sure a lot of drivers as well as cyclists enter it wondering which exit they are going to take if they are not familiar with it. It's really a junction designed for the age of the horse and cart/carriage.
I'll try to be there for the demo/memorial tomorrow.

Lonestar

Veteran
Been using it this week since they closed the Fenchurch Street Road.Not that I find the Fenchurch Street Road particularly pleasant.They have even closed the side street before Bank which I discovered recently.

Top Bottom