Any digital camera experts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisz

Über Member
My Finepix S20 pro has suddenly developed a problem. All pictures I take have a blank white border around them and look a bit like old, sepia tone pictures. The border is roughly oval in shape and covers approximately 2/3 of the whole picture area with just the centre showing a rather hazy image with washed-out colours.

Is this camera knackered or could it be fixed?
smiley.gif

MajorMantra

Can you post a sample? In my inexpert opinion it sounds like it's buggered.

Matthew

Rob S

I would say, based on the CustomRendered field of the Exif data showing as Custom Process that it is an effect. Either accidently set, or perhaps a fault that means its always on.

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Über Member
To the best of my knowledge there are no 'effects' options on the camera - I've had it just over 4 years now and fiddled around with it a fair bit (I even read the instruction manual a couple of times!).

Perhaps it's time for another play - just in case.

Bob S, ta for the input but I didn't understand what 90% was about - think I got the gist of it anyway :biggrin:

Not good news, IIRC from a similar problem that a colleague had that this is a CCD failure and common with these cameras. I know it was Fuji, but cannot verify the model as she is now in Australia.

Sorry!

I believe hers was fixed for free and there was at one point a recall of the faulty batch of CCDs

Top Bottom