Any gamers on CC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dadam

Working my way through the 2016 edition of Doom at the moment. I prefer Quake, really - Doom is just too complicated and I spend a lot of time getting lost.

The power ups is a bit complicated but I enjoyed the game. Started it on my PC when it came out, got about half way through and shelved it, but recently finished it on my Steam Deck. Works well on Deck.

icowden

Veteran
Anyone else working through Hogwarts Legacy? I'm quite enjoying it although quite a bit of it annoys me.

AndyRM

XOXO
So, I've been getting back into gaming recently as I got a PS4 as an overly generous present last Christmas.

Enjoyed Fallout 4 (despite some glitches) and I'm now playing Mafia 3 which I got because it was cheap. It's basically GTA but some of the flaws in the game are mind alteringly awful to the point where I'm close to giving up on it (the repetitive missions dont help either). I don't understand how/why this is possible really, other than what I know of the development industry where teams get broken up or burned out by ridiculous deadlines.

icowden

Veteran
Enjoyed Fallout 4 (despite some glitches) and I'm now playing Mafia 3 which I got because it was cheap. It's basically GTA but some of the flaws in the game are mind alteringly awful to the point where I'm close to giving up on it (the repetitive missions dont help either). I don't understand how/why this is possible really, other than what I know of the development industry where teams get broken up or burned out by ridiculous deadlines.
My top PS4 games are :-
Last of Us
Last of Us II
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption2
Hitman 3 - World of Hitman
Witcher

I'm also fond of the Tomb Raider and the Drake games.
What's the storytelling like on Fallout? I prefer games with a strong narrative rather than relentless bang bang shooty shooty...

AndyRM

XOXO
My top PS4 games are :-
Last of Us
Last of Us II
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption2
Hitman 3 - World of Hitman
Witcher

I'm also fond of the Tomb Raider and the Drake games.
What's the storytelling like on Fallout? I prefer games with a strong narrative rather than relentless bang bang shooty shooty...

I've only played 4 but I really enjoyed it. Lots of routes and avenues to take which don't involve going gung ho, which you can't really given the paucity of ammo. There's a lot more to the story than I got into, but I was only lent the game so I didn't get a chance to get deep into it which I think would be a lot of fun.

Think I need to get Red Dead Redemption 2. I played the first ages ago and loved it. Rockstar don't really make bad games.

icowden

Veteran
Think I need to get Red Dead Redemption 2. I played the first ages ago and loved it. Rockstar don't really make bad games.
I'd say Red Dead II and Last of Us 2 are the closest you can get to playable movies. They are just breath-taking -whether it's the bond you form with your horse and the moral conundrums of Red Dead, or the visceral fear and beauty of LoU, they are both superb games that took years to make.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd say Red Dead II and Last of Us 2 are the closest you can get to playable movies. They are just breath-taking -whether it's the bond you form with your horse and the moral conundrums of Red Dead, or the visceral fear and beauty of LoU, they are both superb games that took years to make.

Next on my list then. Ta!

icowden

Veteran
Next on my list then. Ta!

No problem. For the last of us I'd recommend playing both titles in order. The first one looks a little old now, but is still a great game (as long as you don't mind getting your throat ripped out by zombies occasionally). Last of Us 1 and 2 are also probably one of the best computer gaming examples of how to do inclusivity as well, without making it feel forced or hammered home (see Hogwarts Legacy for how not to do it).

Top Bottom