Any good.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Did they kill many horses this year?

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Many cyclists are killed each year on the roads, but they died doing something they enjoyed.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
MINE WON!!!!!!

I put a pound on it via betfair (well, the husband did on my behalf) but he failed to press the 'confirm' button so our bet didn't qualify. I'm £100 worse off.

But to be honest, I don't really gamble, I'm still buzzing from the excitement about my horse winning!!

Keith Oates

Janner
<he failed to press the 'confirm' button so our bet didn't qualify.>

Hope he said sorry to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Bad luck Catherine. I reckon he owes you big time. Dinner at Michelin starred restaurant?

domd1979

Veteran
At least one, though its difficult to tell because the news coverage tries to conveniently sweep this aspect of horse racing under the carpet.

The Velvet Curtain said:
Did they kill many horses this year?

domd1979

Veteran
?

Difference is the cyclist has a free choice on whether to cycle or not. Arguably a horse doesn't have a choice to race or not.

Gerry Attrick said:
Many cyclists are killed each year on the roads, but they died doing something they enjoyed.

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

domd1979 said:
?

Difference is the cyclist has a free choice on whether to cycle or not. Arguably a horse doesn't have a choice to race or not.
Really? Have you not seen riderless horses jumping the hurdles along with the others even though they could go around the fences?

TVC

domd1979 said:
At least one, though its difficult to tell because the news coverage tries to conveniently sweep this aspect of horse racing under the carpet.

I know 2 were killed on Thursday, I didn't look to see what happened yesterday.

I just think it is too high a price to pay in the name of entertainment. I've never bought the excuse that they enjoy it either, simply coercion, conditioning and a heard instinct forces them round.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
We have one in the house. We pick 4 horses and see how we go.
I failed badly.
The mad man i spoke to this morning gave me the tip of 'Go Balistic' while telling me some other stuff i didnt understand.
He also told me he had 6000 horses, and that Nottingham is a big estate, bigger then America.
I like him, he never blinks though:wacko:

postman

Legendary Member
Looking at the fashion icons in this mornings paper.

Some of the nags only had two legs.

He ,he.

Gerry Attrick said:
Really? Have you not seen riderless horses jumping the hurdles along with the others even though they could go around the fences?

Yes mate, but THAT is a choice TO run and jump.....;)

Top Bottom