any OU students here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Not me, but my wife is two thirds of the way through an OU Masters.

surfgurl

I did my MA with them. I can still remember my student number too!
I'd study with them again, I just need the time.
Best of luck with your course.

domtyler

Über Member
Kirstie said:
I work at the OU. Although I possibly said this on your thread in P&L, MrMag00.
Good luck with the course.

Don't want to put you in a difficult position or anything Kirstie, but would you be able to bump up my missuses grades for us please? :biggrin:

And a full or even partial refund of the fees would be a nice little extra too? :biggrin:
Only if you're not too busy though obviously!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Kirstie said:
I work at the OU. Although I possibly said this on your thread in P&L, MrMag00.
Good luck with the course.
Poor you. :biggrin:

I used to work there (in one of the Regional offices), it was all a bit of a shambles. Now I work at a different University and here it's just a farce. It's a nice change. ;);)

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Poor you. ;)

Au contraire. It is the best place I have ever worked and I will never leave! I work in MK though - it's really well organized, and they really look after you, compared to every other shambolic academic department I've had the misfortune to work in.

Can't say I know anything about any of the regional offices though, just the regional staff we work with.

Maizie

Guru
'Nother student here. I'm just addicted to studying, so I'm roughly half-way through a BA(Hons) Humanities with Classical Studies; as well as being about half-way through a BSc(Hons), not in a named subject but it'll end up being mostly physics and astronomy.

As I already have quals up to masters level (biology - from a 'conventional' university), the completion of these depends on how the ELQ funding changes affect how much I pay. I am determined to finish the Humanities degree, then depending on how the money plays out whether or not I'll be able to afford to do the BSc.

I absolutely love it, and it quite literally keeps me sane (if my mind isn't occupied with studying something, it tends to keep itself busy by running around in circles getting overly hung-up on the tiniest little thing, until I end up unable to leave the house).

JamesAC

I did a B.A. (mostly in applied maths with a bit of materials science and cosmology thrown in) some years ago. Then, being bored, I did a B.Sc. mostly in earth sciences, with a bit of planetary science and some more cosmology thrown in, along with a splash of oceanography). Then, being bored again, I signed up for a Dip. Mus.; I've just sent in the final assignment for this course.

So, now being bored again (and recently retired) I think I'll sign up for one of these 10-pointer thingies, possibly on meteorology, just to keep my grey cells ticking over.

It's been a wonderful experience; I particularly enjoyed the residential schools, especially the geology ones based at Durham University.

If you haven't already - give the OU a go (you'd be at home with the Open University, as they once said!)

James (B.Sc. B.A. Dip Mus (pending!)

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
James I have just signed up for the understanding weather 10 pointer I have a Bsc from a conventional Uni, this is mainly to assist with my work.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Got my degree from the OU, starting to think about going back for another one (I'll have to find some way of getting rid of the mountain of course materials to make some room first)

Top Bottom