Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That is a bummer FM. GWS.

My own fault of course - overtraining and trying to build up the miles too quickly.

stephec

Legendary Member
Great stuff. And I like the idea of doing c25 at the back of the bunch. couldn't do that in 2010 when I did mine (rehab from a busted leg) as we didn't have a local Parkrun.

Trail shoes are a must I think if your parkrun, like mine, involves lots of mud. Slips and slides can cause all sorts of problems and muscle tears/strains. If starting out and not wanting to spend lots of moolah you could do much much worse than getting a pair of More Mile Cheviot shoes. Change from £30 and all the comics say they are excellent vfm. More Mile kit is cheap but not nasty. I have several pieces (usually grabbed from TK Maxx) including a pair of Cheviots bought especially for the worst of winter on Sussex clay.
Have you got a pair of the Cheviots?

If you have, do you mind me asking how they come up sizewise?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Stress fracture in my right foot... that's me out until after Christmas then.

Unlucky, FM. Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
22.07 at parkrun today - my best time since July. Very happy with that, especially considering it was a mad dash to get to the start in time (probably meant I was properly warmed up for a change!)

Feeling very motivated to aim for sub-22 next week now.

Well done. I got round in 23:17 - just 7 secs slower than my PB. Can't help thinking that if I'd known it was that close I could have dug just that little deeper!

U

User169

Disastrous cross-country today. Cracking course. Mostly on twisty undulating paths through woods, but a nasty slog through soft sand too.

The course was three 4km loops, but had a brain fart on the second loop, took a wrong turn and ended up cutting off a chunk, so embarrassingly ended up at the head of the field. I quit, but I was suffering in any event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom