Any serious darts players on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Just doing a bit of research into prize money, which is clearly a huge driver behind the quality of darts.
In 1995 the prize money for winning was £12,000. This was about the average annual salary for a UK worker.
Since 2019 the winner gets £500,000. Far in excess of an average salary.
That is why the standard has improved immeasurably.

That's what I suspected has happened, I'm sure the number of hanger oners has also increased, those that make a living off the backs of the talented sportsmen/women. Bit the same as the gasbag game, people have realised they can earn a life changing amount in a few years if they are good enough.

Alex321

Veteran
I’m by no means a serious player but got a new board for Christmas as I enjoy throwing a few darts.

View attachment 673271

View attachment 673272

I knocked up the back board with some off cuts and spare paint.

Should I go with the padded protector or better without?

Better without. It looks far more genuine when it has a few dart holes in the surround :whistle:

AndyRM

XOXO
This appears to be the "official" darts thread, so how about this Luke Littler kid? He appears to be ridiculously good at it!

Must be a pretty good feeling knowing that he'll be walking away tonight with £200k no matter what happens, but I'd like him to win.

bluenotebob

Veteran
He appears to be ridiculously good at it!

Yes - he does.

It's a real shame that the World Champs aren't 'free-to-air' TV. All I've seen of him so far have been a minute or two on the TV News Programmes.

I wasn't sure how good he really was because it seemed to me that he hadn't played any of the top players .. but he took Rob Cross out like a kipper last night. I loved that 142 finish..

Jody

Stubborn git
I wasn't sure how good he really was because it seemed to me that he hadn't played any of the top players ..

Almost beat one of the other semi finalists (Luke Humphries) when he was 12 :ohmy:

incredible-throwback-snap-shows-c-869500775.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
Good luck to the lad. Can't wait to watch this tonight

This appears to be the "official" darts thread, so how about this Luke Littler kid? He appears to be ridiculously good at it!

Some of the stats they were saying last night were crazy. The commentators were almost lost for words at how good he is

AndyRM

XOXO
Good luck to the lad. Can't wait to watch this tonight

Some of the stats they were saying last night were crazy. The commentators were almost lost for words at how good he is

I'm not surprised!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am FAMOUS
Well nearly
Sort of
Almost
Right......Luke Littler lives maybe 1/2 mile from me (no, I don't know him or his family)
His ex girlfriend works in my local pub (the Millhouse) which I go to once a week.
He used to practice there.
Tonight Granada reports is filming there.
For some reason they have not asked me to be there for the filming.

AndyRM

XOXO
Great player.
He looks 16 in that photo and looks about 32 now. He’s clearly a boy in a man’s body.
But those videos of him playing when he was 3 just show he has a great throwing action.

The internet, predictably enough, has plenty of jokes about his appearance. Mostly hilarious thankfully, although some of them are just mean. I feel like he's the kind of chap who'd have a good laugh at the good stuff and ignore the rubbish.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The internet, predictably enough, has plenty of jokes about his appearance. Mostly hilarious thankfully, although some of them are just mean. I feel like he's the kind of chap who'd have a good laugh at the good stuff and ignore the rubbish.

He’s going to be a multi millionaire if he keeps this up so I suspect he couldn’t care less.

Top Bottom