Any takers for a ride round Hillingdon cycle track in Hayes London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
will do!

edit - new list:

9:15 Hyde Park Corner - 9:30 roll out

13th Dec:
Davywalnuts
Redjedi
Cotterpin
ttcycle
Origamist
Bollo?
BentMikey
Stevevw
Tollers
beatleandrew

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
just bumping this up- also letting people know I might not be well enough to do it- will keep you all posted as soon as I have some indication

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Shame tt, hope you recover quickly, regardless of whether you do this ride. Do you mind if I advertise it on my skating club's website? There are a few cyclists who might be quite keen to come along.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
From what I remember without checking the thread, Mikey has GPS- Redjedi I think knows the route pretty much...

redjedi

Über Member
Hilligdon isn't very big. I doubt even Martin with his Garmin could get lost there.

From HPC to the track it's a straight line, unless someone wants to lead us through a scenic route.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
This is probably the easiest route

Here

Although someone may have a better plan.

But but but but but... thats like 10 miles??? Cant we add another "0" to that figure just for the fun of it? ;)

redjedi

Über Member
We haven't decided how many times we're going to go around the track yet. You could go around 90+ times if you liked ;):sad:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davywalnuts said:
oOooooooeooooeeeerrrrrr! A one hour time trial??? hehehe! :smile:

You've committed yourself to it now Davy!! :smile:

We've seen it all posted...can't back out from doing 90 miles (90 odd laps of the circuit as a lap is about a mile) in an hour....good stuff!

stevevw

Guru
ttcycle said:
You've committed yourself to it now Davy!! :smile:

We've seen it all posted...can't back out from doing 90 miles (90 odd laps of the circuit as a lap is about a mile) in an hour....good stuff!

The ride is on a Sunday morning. No way will Davy be in any fit state to ride his bike. He will be another no show for certain. :smile:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
fair point stevew - I've met Davy once...but have seen lots of evidence of him flaking out due to the old hangover...still even if i'm not well enough to ride this-I might get to the track just to see the Davy special 90miler PB.

Top Bottom